Photo of NSA technicians sabotaging Cisco router prior to export

Same as the routers – installing a backdoor…

Edit: didn’t see @Cunk’s reference to the flap…

6 Likes

Hah ha I like yours better.

CACs aren’t required to be displayed openly, even in secure classified facilities, at least the ones I’m familiar with (ask me how I know). When I’m at work, mine is either in my computer’s smart card slot, in my pocket if I’m away, or in my wallet if I’m arriving or leaving for the day.

Re: #3 - that looks eerily like where I work, essentially in a warehouse (but in an office, and not logistics-related).

I will bow to your knowledge. The places I worked they had to be displayed at all times or (after they rolled out the smart card readers) in the slot. If you were wandering without one security would snatch you up. I thought it was a system wide thing.

Actually, where I work we used to have custom ID badges. The Navy has issued new rules that CACs are the official form of ID and that others should be phased out, but one of our sub-commands still uses the old ones. Damned rebels. ; )

In Letter to Obama, Cisco CEO Complains About NSA Allegations | Re/code

Concern about the aggressive tactics of the NSA have hit Cisco’s results, especially in emerging markets like Russia, Brazil and China. When the company reported quarterly earnings last week, it said that orders from emerging countries fell seven percent, and that Brazil, Russia, India, China and Mexico combined for a 13 percent drop. Individually, orders in Brazil fell 27 percent and in Russia, 28 percent.
1 Like

We heard the same spiel with PRISM: MS, Google, Yahoo were patriotic “good americans” and providing the NSA with intel without much fuss (for a small fee of course). When the Snowden leaks hit they turned and played the exasperated victim because they feared for their bottom line in oversea markets (and rightly so).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.