6 Likes

First rule of the masonic police department / club

7 Likes

The fake police badges are totally metal. \m/

1 Like

I am thoroughly confused by this

2 Likes

Man, I feel safer already.

Their “Report a Crime” button is broken.

2 Likes

“founded in 1,100 B.C. by the Knights Templar”? Knights of the Cross 1100 years before the crucifixion?

18 Likes

Knights of the Temple, before feudalism or the Temple.

11 Likes

So it’s kind of like SCA for Masons except they use guns instead of foam swords.

8 Likes

The more I learn about this, the less sense it makes.

10 Likes

They’re packing heat in those aprons.

3 Likes

Nah, that appears to be the Plywood Wrights’ Fraternal Police Department, or possibly the Department of Fraternal Sheetmetallic Police. Totally different departments.

3 Likes

So, 3 guys not only came up with all this (including faking badges) but then they willingly set up meetings with law enforcement agencies to discuss their plans? I don’t even… Mass insanity? Some kind of cult thing? A joke?

And this, with one of them all decked at a press conference in 2013…

Just glad it didn’t happen in Florida for once.

Though you do have to wonder about charging them, especially since they evidently went to the cops with their plans. Did they actually try to enforce the law, or misrepresent themselves in a way that caused real confusion?

2 Likes

[The crazy people] showed up to the meeting sporting fake uniforms made from black jumpsuits

What makes their uniforms fake, and actual police uniforms real?

(Wow, that’s deep)

15 Likes

Something tells me that, even if this guy Henry was once a member of any of the established Masonic groups, he isn’t any more. The Mashable article shows him wearing a Masonic apron in public, which AFAIK no real Mason would ever, ever do. On a more serious note, it’s worth looking at how close these people really came to establishing themselves as a police force. This Wired article on failed gaming gadget company Gizmondo talks in part about how the company’s founders got themselves named officers of a private bus company’s police force. Given the notorious secrecy of the Masons, who’s to say that this wasn’t a similar scheme?

4 Likes

I think there’s a lot more to this story than were being fed. We’ll have to wait for the court case - if there is one.

Obviously they were time traveling Knights! Duh! (or a typo)

And I though the first rule of secret societies is you don’t build a website about your secret society.

7 Likes

I know, it’s so crazy it’s hard to know where to start unpacking it all.

1 Like

I love them because they inexplicably have a bezier spline icon on their creepy “report a crime” button.

15 Likes