Presidential hopeful unfamiliar with how clocks work

Finally, a candidate who supports the ISO 8601 standard in all matters, civic or otherwise. Shame about the rest of his political platform.

10 Likes

As long as he’s describing himself as a broken timepiece, that just now and again gets something right by accident, that’s sufficiently accurate.

9 Likes

metaphors are lazy and often badly employed. I applaud Rick Perry for not concerning himself with metaphors and instead concerning himself with the needs of everyday regular similes.

7 Likes

He could be using a international clock… but knowing his foreign policy I doubt it.

6 Likes

These things are a mystery, like tides and menstrual cycles and why the sun is eaten by the Moon Demons every few years.

9 Likes

LOL :smile:

1 Like

Maybe his house is on military time.

Possible. My one is. Joliet, not zulu, though.

That sounds like a great counterpart to the “too many soldiers on Guam will make it capsize” hypothesis.

Maybe the arms fell off?

Watch out, GOP hopefuls! Rick Perry has thrown his ring in the hat!

7 Likes

At least he’s distinguishing himself from the rest of the GOP candidates who seem to have forgotten what the word “conservative” means. It’s actually pretty conservative to only trust clocks once a day.

2 Likes

Another usual method is defining one’s own clock as reference, and then everybody else is wrong.

5 Likes

He should make like a tree and get out of here

6 Likes

We don’t have 24h clocks, we just have 24 hours in a day :smiley:

The way that Perry and his kind keep trying to turn back the clock on social issues, maybe his clock is only right once per day, if at all.

1 Like

Interesting how Perry gets almost no traction. Yet he’s a virtual carbon copy, in form and substance, of Geo W. Bush.

I think Perry is the “control experiment” for a “Bush” who does not have a wealthy father who was a former President, nor a wealthy grandfather who was a former Senator.

3 Likes

Oh, he’s just shooting from his pants!

2 Likes

Ever since I started developing Pebble watchfaces I’ve realized that a broken clock doesn’t have to be right ever, and in fact can brick your device.

3 Likes

Oooh, that’s beautiful. Not cheap, but beautiful.