Raining spiders in Australia

[Read the post]

NOPE.

Yes, that is fascinating, I’ve read about it before, but still… NOPE.

4 Likes

Thanks, I needed another reason to never go to Australia.

2 Likes

Is that why the hats all have corks on them?

2 Likes

There is just no reason this should be ok in anyone’s books… and the fact that it has been happening for 10 years and the people have not nuked the valley only indicates that these people have been taken over by spider mites in their brains…

6 Likes

No, the hats with corks are to keep the flies out of your face when you stop to drink at the billabong and wait for your billy to boil.

That inevitably reminds me of my favorite part from America: The Book by The Daily Show Crew:

4 Likes

Appropriate: https://youtu.be/s2N8tDkel8A?t=11m7s

AAH! AAH! AAAAH!

*runs off and hides under bed for ever*

“Oy! Spidahs! Looky-heah!”

1 Like

So much NOPE

7 Likes

Yep, looks like we’re gonna have to nuke Australia.

3 Likes

Bret and Jemaine were right. Australia is awful.

2 Likes

Further evidence that the Australian continent exists for the sole purpose of killing humans.

5 Likes

A post about a fascinating migration of generally harmless insectivores, followed by a series of replies about how we could not hope to destroy them thoroughly enough. But sure, it’s Australia that is trying to kill the humans.

5 Likes

Well, um, they started it?

3 Likes

Which makes us even more badass for not just surviving, but thriving there.

1 Like

Hey, don’t look at me. A spider crawling across the floor of my home inevitably results in the following from my spouse:

“Kill it. Kill it! Kill it quick! KILL IT! KILL IT NOW! NO, DON’T PICK IT UP WITH YOUR HANDS! I DON’T CARE WHAT KIND OF SPIDER IT IS! FINE, TAKE IT OUTSIDE! NO, DON’T BRING IT OVER HERE!!!”

7 Likes

see, THIS is the kind of stuff i’ve grown to expect and appreciate from BB. weird and wonderful…

“suddenly standing babies” is just not really in the same realm.

2 Likes

Wow, you guys are all wimps.

Down round these parts, we call this Tuesday.

8 Likes

You see, someone really is having a worse day than you are.

1 Like