Rampage shooting at Planned Parenthood in Colorado

Seem to, maybe, somehow, somewhat, appears, kinda should woulda coulda. If.

Take a position and back it, sonny jim. And make sure to know your facts.

Till then, as erudite as you believe your views may be, stfu.

And as for satire - the satire is the daily shooting of innocents. How can it be inappropriate in the bullet-riddled world? It is neither here; nor there.

5 Likes

I didn’t know it was possible to be out of likes.

3 Likes

See. This is why we need to keep Syrian refugees out of our country. Oh, it was a white guy? Stuff happens, I guess.

18 Likes

Yeah, I’m guessing it was indeed aimed at PP, but at the time, no one was sure.

3 Likes

Oh yes. Happens to me quite a bit, actually.

4 Likes

For those unfamiliar with Colorado Springs it is home of the Olympic Training center and ironically lots and lots of fundie groups like Focus on the Family. Makes for a weird mix of Christian Taliban, great microbrew bars, and exotic restaurants.

14 Likes

So this is happening in my city about 10 miles away from where I am right now. Very little details being released to the media right now so nobody really knows what’s going on. Latest reports a few minutes ago has said that at least 5 cops were injured in the gunfire exchange and one has died.

I can tell you that this area is heavily evangelical Christian and extremely pro-military, pro-gun and very, very right wing. I will wait for more information but it will not surprise me in the slightest if this guy turns out to be a pro-life, small government wacko incensed over the recent Planned Parenthood controversy.

One thing I am pretty certain about though is the gunman is white - otherwise the headlines would be screaming about domestic terrorism.

22 Likes

It’s all rather well documented in Charlie Stross’s prescient Apocalypse Codex

3 Likes

In 1994, one of my flatmates was at a clinic in Brookline when it was attacked and people shot. Not everybody who goes to a PP clinic is there for an abortion. And of those that are, some people genuinely need them. People who attack hospitals and schools are a twisted, cowardly lot. And the same goes for clinics, which are places for both healthcare and learning.

18 Likes

Dear Jesus, please protect us from your followers, amen.

16 Likes

Apparently the suspect has been taken into custody.

4 Likes

Well, this is nifty. Claims like this demand documentation, but I suppose there isn’t any because the media doesn’t report “violence by immigrants.” I guess we’ll just have to take your word for it. :unamused:

9 Likes

NY Times has the story at the top of page one: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/28/us/colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting.html

Does being bludgeoned count?

ETA: Ooops, someone else already touched on this.

5 Likes

Well, he was taken alive, after all.

22 Likes

3% of services provided are abortion. 3%. The rest is gyno health, breast exams, other reproductive health issues, the list literally goes on and on and on. 3%.

30 Likes

[citation needed]

Come on, Christians don’t even get very bad exposure in the media for the screaming about the “War on Christmas”. The only way the media is at all hostile towards Christians is when they make the horrible mistake of pointing out that Christians are demanding things that are denied to other religions.

28 Likes

Seriously, Colorado. What the fuck?

Taken into custody? After shooting multiple police officers, no less?

Now we know for certain he’s white.

32 Likes

One line from your link really stuck out for me:

The building’s bulletproof windows proved to be a challenge for police as they tried to bring the incident to a close, Pegues reported.

Medical facilities performing legal and necessary treatment have to have bulletproof glass, and it’s still not enough.

22 Likes