Rare "snonado" captured on Lake Superior

[Permalink]

It is a shame the camera appeared to be auto focusing on the plant in the foreground. If it had been me, Iā€™d have left the lens cap onā€¦ even though my phone doesnā€™t have a lens capā€¦ or a cameraā€¦

1 Like

Oh come on Euan, thats a pretty cool video! Yesterday I didnā€™t know these things existed, today I saw 6 lined up in a row on the internets. P.S. Thanks Maggie, a real findā€¦

3 Likes

I was just up there (north shore) a few days beforeā€¦ All we saw was 4 feet of snow quickly accumulating. (The wife, Los Angeles native, was disappointed because all of the waterfalls were stiff).
I was told that I also missed some really nice northern lights and falling stars on the night of 7 Dec.
Now that I put it all together, perhaps this was all alien activity.

alien: illegal Canadians

At least it wasnā€™t a vertical-aspect videoā€¦

2 Likes

Next up: thunderblizzards.

1 Like

Actually, I did see one large flash of lightning during the snowstorm (wonā€™t call it a blizzard; only 2 ft in 24 hrs) that occurred a few days before he recorded the water spoutsā€¦ I watched for more, but was not rewardedā€¦

1 Like

Psssh. Thatā€™s nothing, have you seen stonados?

1 Like

Yeah, I think that was part of the whole weather system package deal. Happens fairly regularly in MN. Itā€™s happened once where I live in Michigan since Iā€™ve moved here and minds native to this area were utterly blown.

2 Likes

I actually had to check to see if ā€˜Stonadosā€™ was just a joke. Sadly, it isnā€™t.

1 Like

Oh, but it IS a joke. I watched just three minutes of the film and was convinced. SyFy has just failed, or maybe Iā€™m too old.

1 Like

Wind chill based on 100mph winds at the ā€œsnonadoā€ = Minus 50 degrees F.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.