Republican Congressman threatens to kill reporter after State of the Union

Yes. But it isn’t TREASON, one of the very few crimes defined in the constitution.

3 Likes

Physically threatening someone with murder, right there, in their face, is probably worse than “TREASON”.

5 Likes

It’s bad enough when the right wing equates disagreement with their policies with “treason”.

Nice false equivalency there. Calling someone treasonous when they disagree with a random policy is very different from an elected official threatening physical harm (literally threatening to kill) a member of the press.

I would say the exact same thing if he was a left wing Democrat. You do not fucking threaten the press for asking questions.

And, it’s treasonous. Educate yourself.

Whoops, sorry, that last link is from the fucking Congo where this kind of shit happens… not in the USA.

WHILE free from Force the Press remains,
Virtue and Freedom chear our Plains,
And Learning Largesses bestows,
And keeps unlicens’d open House.
We to the Nation’s publick Mart
Our Works of Wit, and Schemes of Art,
And philosophic Goods, this Way,
Like Water carriage, cheap convey.
This Tree which Knowledge so affords,
Inquisitors with flaming swords
From Lay-Approach with Zeal defend,
Lest their own Paradise should end.

The Press from her fecundous Womb
Brought forth the Arts of Greece and Rome;
Her offspring, skill’d in Logic War,
Truth’s Banner wav’d in open Air;
The Monster Superstition fled,
And hid in Shades in Gorgon Head;
And awless Pow’r, the long kept Field,
By Reason quell’d, was forc’d to yield.

This Nurse of Arts, and Freedom’s Fence,
To chain, is Treason against Sense:
And Liberty, thy thousand Tongues
None silence who design no Wrongs;
For those who use the Gag’s Restraint,
First Rob, before they stop Complaint.

“On the Freedom of the Press” from Poor Richard’s Almanack, 1757.

• Ben Franklin

more:

8 Likes

A congressman feeling able to intimidate a reporter like that for asking uncomfortable questions makes the once-great US look like a third world backwater.

Seems pretty treasonous to me. Where does that shit stop, if you don’t nip it in the bud?

This fucking thug needs to go down, hard.

Hey, Grimm - reporters don’t exist to walk around with their tongues up your arse. Their job is to catch you with your dick in your hand, you cockhead. You got fucking pwnt, and that’s totally as it should be.

16 Likes

“break you in half like a boy” should serve as great internet meme fodder for sure… although it’s grammatically ambiguous - is the boy doing the breaking or being broken ? something to consider

5 Likes

Needs a brilliant performance by some satirist to cement it.

Or maybe SNL could have it as a recurring line in their sketches this week.

3 Likes

Yes. But it isn’t TREASON, one of the very few crimes defined in the constitution.

Ah, I see now that you’re embracing pedantry and trite semantics over substance. I said what he did was treasonous. I’m not literally saying I think it would be practical to literally charge him with treason although his attempt to block a journalist is certainly an outright attack on our U.S. Constitution.

A politician attacking our core American way of life by threatening to kill a member of the press for doing his duty of the fourth estate is a treasonous act.

If you still don’t get it, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I’ve catered to your inane, pedantic whims long enough and you’re only creating a mindless distraction from this politician’s treasonous act against our republic. You’re attention-whoring and not much more at this point.

I don’t disagree with this politician’s policies, I disagree with his physical threat to squelch and literally kill a member of the press in the fucking United States of America. I find that to be treasonous against our way of life here in the USA. Deal with it.

11 Likes

He’s been known to be a charmer for a long time:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2011/04/congressman-michael-grimm-at-the-caribbean-tropics.html

Did I say charmer? I might have meant violent psychopath who feels his position justifies unwarranted violence.

11 Likes

You have to think quickly on your feet. If I was ever threatened by a republican congressman I would respond, “Your wife begs to eat her own shit off the tip of my cock” thus provoking a violent reaction caught on camera.

3 Likes

I had to wonder whether the Congressman had listened to too many exculpatory fluff-pieces from pundits and interviewers – along the lines of “It’s OK that Governor X is a bully because the voters appreciate toughness and assertiveness” – and made the mistake of believing the stuff that is only meant for the rubes.

5 Likes

It’s not particularly surprising to hear this kind of thing and see this behavior from a person from Staten Island or the metro NYC area. The politicians up there are thugs and bullies, which is pretty much a resume requirement in that realm of the serfdom. They play politics like a drunken bar fight and this guy probably thinks he’s starring in his own version of Goodfellas: The political arm.
No different from the south, really. These NY primates simply wear it on their sleeves instead of smiling and taking some twisted revenge later on. In any case, this twat really needs a good ass kicking from a larger primate.
Enjoy your internet moment, Congressman Ape!

5 Likes

Hey, wait a minute. I thought that was the official GOP response to the SOTU address.

My bad.

10 Likes

Now wait a minute. I’ve visited New York and that’s simply how everyone talks to each other. It’s actually kind of charming.

1 Like

Go home, Mr. Grimm. You’re drunk.

1 Like

Aunt Petunia would be shocked to hear of her bashful, blue-eyed boy acting in this manner… oh, sorry, this is Michael Grimm…

5 Likes

People whose fundraisers have just been charged in a federal indictment don’t get to shoot the breeze on other topics.

I hadn’t been aware of this particular scandal until now. But Grimm’s reaction has certainly attracted attention to it, as has his petulant ‘explanation’.

I did some Googling and it seems Diana Durand was a fundraiser for Gimm and has been charged with engineering straw donations. Grimm himself is ex-FBI, the feds don’t go after their own on a whim.

Pinto, the Israeli rabbi/mystic that Grimm took the money from is also involved in legal complications of his own including a recently settled accusation of money laundering from his father in law, the (or probably more accurately a) chief rabbi of Argentina. It all seems rather murky as the business affairs of clerics who have made an estimated fortune of $75 million from their supporters tend to be. At any rate, Grimm has said that Israel is his first priority as Representative for the people of New York…

If Grimm was clean he would be more than anxious to get a statement out on the record about the matter.

5 Likes

“like a little boy”

Every once in a while you hear someone say something like this.

This is the sort of phrase that tells me I am probably listening to a prior victim, someone who has not dealt with it, is still more than a little broken, and is now very likely an abuser in some part of his life.

It wasn’t a cheap shot. it was an unfiltered threat, and beneath his office.

5 Likes

Not surprisingly, his twitter account is lighting up like Christmas.

Let’s show him that Americans still believe in a fucking free press in the United States of fucking America. This ain’t North Korea, little honey. No good American should rest until this piece of shit is removed from office.

in the fucking Capital Building, of the fucking USA.

4 Likes

in the fucking Capital Building, of the fucking USA.

That motherFUCKER.

3 Likes