Robin Williams, 1951-2014

[Permalink]

1 Like

For his roles in ‘Awakenings’ and ‘Good Will Hunting’ alone. Hope he rests in peace.

2 Likes

Nnnoooooooooooo!

Btw… check out World’s Greatest Dad.

1 Like

Ouch. I really felt for him when he was struggling in films like Hook. Playing darker characters in Insomnia and One Hour Photo seemed appropriate somehow, I was somehow really looking forward to seeing him get his act together (so to speak) I guess the happy ending is never guaranteed.

R.I.P.

6 Likes

Terribly sad on so many levels. Smiles and memories he created live on.

6 Likes

I’m crushed.

Because of past hoaxes surrounding Williams’ death, here is the Business Insider article that links to the Marin County Sheriff’s Office release. I’m so very sorry to say that this time it isn’t a hoax.

4 Likes

Robin Williams was my childhood, The Bird Cage and Mrs Doubtfire taught me so many life lessons. May he rest in peace and laughter.

5 Likes

unreal i didnt beleive it had to see it on other sites

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-robin-williams-dies-20140811-story.html

1 Like

Nannoooooooooo Nannooooooooooo!

(Fixed that for you, though nothing fixes this.) :frowning:

10 Likes

no no no no noooooo
just… why? robin, why? <3

2 Likes

Well, fuck. I really didn’t think anything could stop him.

6 Likes

Oh my god, I literally teared up when I read the headline on google news a minute ago. I had just re-watched the fisher king (imo his very best performance and a brilliant film) this past saturday. I’m heartbroken, he was an amazing human being. What a terrible loss to the world : (

7 Likes

Goodbye, Mork!

10 Likes

There’s three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer. - The Fisher King

RIP you crazy diamond.

12 Likes

Nanu. Nanu. Nanu.

My childhood soul came out of his silly egg.

I just watched Man of the Year the other day; his performance was just great.

3 Likes

A sudden sad gust of gravity.

6 Likes

should play some legend of zelda in his honor

If it ever gets too deep:
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255.
We’ll miss you, Robin.

15 Likes

Remember - there was only ONE Robin Williams. But there are THOUSANDS of Veterans every year that commit suicide with no headlines and some with no funerals whatsoever. Suicide is EVERYONE’S concern, not just the V.A. who digs the holes and dumps the bodies of my comrades into them with hardly a thank-you.

7 Likes

Yes, of course, and also Gaza, but can we, you know…not?

17 Likes