Rules for Regulars

I dunno. I’ve gained and lost “regular” status at least once or twice with no way of knowing if it is because I’m not reading enough threads or because I’ve been flagged during colorful discussions. The badging system lacks transparency.

12 Likes

14 Likes

Almost certainly reading requirements, every time I look, it is that, overwhelmingly.

And @kimmo this is work which has not been done yet, but is loosely scheduled.

8 Likes

Fine!!!

I’ll do the Costco run to stock up the lounge! (Can I get a ride from someone with a truck?)

12 Likes

Seems like we may need to institute a rule that newbie regs have to bring enough booze to share. Otherwise we’re gonna go broke.

11 Likes

I agree with this. There should be a “trust level dashboard” or badge dashboard of some kind that shows where you are in relation to the different badges. I’ve always found it kind of silly how Discourse has these gamification elements but then doesn’t clearly tell you what your “progress” is.

I just got regular and dammit, I don’t want to lose it.

11 Likes

18 Likes

And snacks…don’t forget the snacks. Never serve alcohol without food. What kind of host are you, anyway? :wink:

13 Likes

You were voted off the island.

10 Likes

Hay! Getting off track here, but the Costco mini quiches, small cucumbers, and cheese selection is well known to moi!

11 Likes

Costco mini quiches…oh, wait, do you mean in the freezer section? Because otherwise, I would like to know more about these mini quiches.

1 Like

I’ve never fared too well in popularity contests

5 Likes
they aren’t that bad for the lounge! Now I drop the conversation :slight_smile:
3 Likes

They aren’t all vegetarian, so we’ve never gotten them. That’s all I meant. I was hoping maybe there was something I’d missed, because mini quiches are great snacks, and way too fiddly for me to make myself.

11 Likes

The kind with the mostest?

15 Likes

Anyway, 20k posts read per 100 days seems about right, I guess… maybe it’s still a bit high; I dunno. I can’t remember where to find the stats.

ETA: after having a squiz, 15k might be a more accurate threshold, when I sort members by post read in the last year and /3.65; @jlw’s there.

It occurs to me that there might be more point to the Regulars’ Lounge if it actually includes pretty much everyone you’d consider a regular.

These days it kinda does, amirite?

1 Like

From the stats it looks like changing the current threshold to 15k would increase the Regulars from ~60 to ~130.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing. :wink:

4 Likes

Then maybe 90% of the posts wouldn’t have to be “welcome, have a drink” anymore? That would be nice. It’s like everyone’s standing at the front door for the whole party.

10 Likes