Rules of the Bozo Boosters

I keep hearing something about Toronto still having one.

1 Like

And speaking of kid’s shows produced in NYC… my favorite was Wonderama. I guess it was sort of like Bozo, but with a non-clown host (Bob McAllister). It came on in L.A., too.

Ellen sort of reminds me of Wonderama for grown-ups.

1 Like

#1 is eerily reminiscent of the 1st commandment: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”

I remember Wonderama very well! I didn’t know it was “exported.”

I just barely remember the first host, Sonny Fox (a third-tier comedian and celebrity). McCallister took over in the late 60s.

My sister actually got a ticket to be in the audiance, but got chicken pox! How sucky! Audiance members got ice cream and candy bars and some ended up with awesome toys from the sponsors.

If only we could harness the amazing possibilities of the bozotron - bozotronics would no longer but a bubble-pipe-dream squelched by the cold seltzer-bottle of reality.

1 Like

Not to mention the Bozoputer. They just don’t make 3 digit random number generators like they used to.

I wonder if the kids who joined up realized they would someday be elected to Congress?

Post an image of the Bozoputer and win a prize for an at-home player!

SRSLY, I can’t find one…

1 Like

Our home town franchise show was Romper Room.

My sister and I got to go on when we were little.

We had one of those too! Kind of wholesome, educational, and low-key compared to Bozo. Unlike Bozo, I never imagined or wanting to go on. I did feel left out that the host never saw me in her Magic Mirror.

Romper Room had its own Code of Conduct involving Do-Bees and Don’t-Bees.

There was a “rude little black kid” urban legend connected with Romper Room, too.

Crazy like Howard Roark.

Here’s a video. My recollection is that they changed the design at least once during the few years when I was watching it.

THANK YOU! The nascent science of bozonotronics is eternally in your frizzy-haired debt.

1 Like

Why did the porridge bird lay his egg in the air?

1 Like

I’ve been sitting here pondering what a Bozo Booster would be if it was an auxilliary propulsion mechanism. Reaction engine built around seltzer bottles and/or a pie-throwing system?

Squeeze the big round red button to fire it.

But - best of all, romper stompers!

Hah! That would have been the one I saw on the occasion that I slept over at a friends house. I’m guessing he was out of Memphis or something like that.

Nope: looks like he was out of Little Rock, at least in our area.

Were those the plastic cup stilt things, with rope handles?

I’m pretty sure I had those! Or maybe they were around my Kindergarten class.

Yeah. That’s it. Kids love those things. Adults, maybe not so much. Awfully noisy!