Russia Today anchor Liz Wahl quits on air

I heard it on RT. Must be true.

1 Like

Pretty much nothing to do? Wow.

Have a listen to this: Victoria ā€œREGIME CHANGEā€ Nuland discusses Ukrainian government arrangements

Weā€™ve got our propaganda too, but Western media is generally more willing (and able) to criticize Obama than Russia Today is willing or able to criticize Putin

Listen to Counterspin once a week from Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting for a while and get back with me on that.

Western corporate media has got propaganda down to a very effective science. The corporate media uses figureheads like Obama and GW Bush as regular punching bag distractions (attack the puppets, not the puppeteers). Who they really protect is the profits of thier owners (war profiteering scum).

They protect these guys:

Meet the 0.01 Percent: War Profiteers | HuffPost Latest News?

Maybe youā€™re just too inundated to see it, I donā€™t know, but our corporate media puts RT to shame and has aided and abetted everything from NSA spying to drone strikes to vastly profitable wars such as the ones in Iraq. I certainly take RT with a grain of salt, but I drown our corporate media with a shaker of it.

3 Likes

I heard it on RT. Must be true.

Not sure what your problem is. I heard snippets of that conversation on CNN and Euronews, and the State Department publicly apologized for Nulandā€™s ā€œfuck EUā€ comment at the end of the tape. Sounds as good as confirmed to me.

1 Like

And oh yeah by the way, thereā€™s a pretty informative article about this on the Intercept: RT Host Abby Martin Condemns Russian Incursion Into Crimea ā€“ On RT by Glenn Greenwald

1 Like

Every American anchor of every American news channel could resign saying the same of the last two administrations.

1 Like

Look at all those troops on the ground. You mean to say that political meddling is justification for Russia to just barge in on their neighbors? Heck, maybe America should go ā€œprotect cultural Americansā€ every time they elect someone like Rob Ford. You know, march in with a bunch of troops and block normal operations and threaten to shoot anyone who doesnā€™t bid to orders. Iā€™m sorry, I was trying to understand what your point was, but my mind wandered trying to figure out what straws you were grasping for. Who is invading their friendly neighbors whilst protecting wanted murderers?

Those are oranges. Also, if it was wrong when the US did itā€¦

1 Like

Well, NPR, Wikipedia and Slashdot in my case, at least as far as the Nazi sympathies. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svoboda_(political_party). My understanding is that many in western Ukraine remember the Nazis ā€œliberatingā€ Ukraine from Russian communismā€¦ And many in eastern Ukraine remember those Ukrainians fighting for the Nazis. The hyperbole about fascists taking over the government (and it is hyperbole, since Svoboda is only one member of a coalition) is intended to stir up those memories.

I ainā€™t old enough to remember, but a much older friend of mine told me there was no difference during the Vietnam war. So much longer than the last two administrations.

Basically since the late 30ā€™s, except Carter.

Iā€™m not gonna agree or disagree, but no country would react different if there was a revolution in a neighboring country and they needed to protect their military and other assets. Russia has a navy base in Crimea, and around 16000 troops (all legal by treaty with Ukraine). As far as I know the EU/US, etc. military observers have been arriving there. Letā€™s see what they say.

Thanks for the laugh about America protecting stuff. Go and google Grenada, or something. Thereā€™s plenty more where that came from.

I know right, those military bases are so hard to defend. Lots of troops and guns, when things get tough, itā€™s time to march on the population centers to defend the military base.

1 Like

Seriously though, ā€œearly onset dementiaā€, Russia might have some serious problems if they donā€™t learn what it is.

Hey who needs concience when you got money? Consience is for poor people!

its easy to give away money when your only cost is that of printing it.

There is nothing wrong with being proactive. Especially if no damage has been caused, but only avoided by denying your opponent any nearby staging areas.

Iā€™m not seeing any shock and awe here, so not sure why thereā€™s so much excitement.

Youā€™re not being very clear. Perhaps itā€™s your time to get some rest.

I donā€™t think that the US media is a good example if you want to show the opposite of a state controlled/influenced media.

If the tension are high in the US as they are now in Russia the US media resorts to the same apologetic flag-waving that the russian media shows today.
Remember what happened during/before the second Gulf/Iraq War to Peter Arnett (NBC and National Geographic), Brian Walski (Los Angeles Times) and Phil Donahue (MSNBC) for criticizing the government and the war?

For other examples see here on BB:

2 Likes