Samsung Galaxy back-door allows for over-the-air filesystem access

No. My context has always been the context Cory provided in another post: tech security as science-based public health. If you think that the examples of public health Cory had in mind were Hostess and bakeries, I don’t think you are following his analogies.[quote=“Cowicide, post:39, topic:25559”]
You keep moving the goal posts and then complain when I address each of your infinite regressions while misrepresenting my past points.
[/quote]
Again, I’m not moving the goal posts. My discussion has always been about how technology is not comparable to science-based public health, mainly because peer review and the scientific method is expensive. I said this way before you weighed in, so don’t blame me if you’re too lazy and/or intellectually dishonest to actually track what has been said.

Sure. It’s about as vague as you saying that “[n]ot everything in this world is simply about maximum efficiency without factoring the good of humanity into the equation.”

A specific example would be how Ford factored the cost of human deaths into its calculations on whether it should relocate the fuel tanks of the Pinto.

I see. So when Cory was talking about how tech should take the science-based approach of public health, he wasn’t actually talking about how the health sector does actual science and real peer review, but about selling buns to customers. And the reaction from the marketplace is more or less what he meant from peer review… and this is an important distinction from how the tech market works, because no teach products are put on the marketplace, and tech companies certainly don’t get feedback from customers. And while a recipe may be similar to the documentation of an experiment, lines of code are very different from Twinkie recipes and thus totally dissimilar to the scientific method. Gee, these analogies are great!

But all that aside, what he really meant was that programmers should do the digital equivalent of washing their hands before coding, which is obviously a useful metaphor since best practices for secure programming are just as obvious, easy, cheap, and agreed-upon as hand-washing.