Saudi Arabia's all-man women’s rights conference

Apparently there is no word for irony in Saudi Arabia.

[Conference opens. Man steps up to mic]

“Women, right?”

[Laughter and applause from audience. Conference closes]

5 Likes

Indeed.

And I often thought when I overheard Click n Clack, the tappet (?) brothers, that “Car Crap” would’ve been a better title for their show.

(By the way, I wonder if a moderator is ever going to cut in here and tell us to, you know, “Cut the crap!”)

1 Like

They’ll be informed of their rights when it’s time.

1 Like

Sounds like the pro-life vote in some state legislatures.

4 Likes

You’d just shout yourself hoarse trying to make sense of this thread.

3 Likes

Kristen Schaal is a horse.

1 Like

LEST WE FORGET:

4 Likes

:+1:

And to paraphrase the S.T. Botter,

You’ll have to excuse some of us here, we’re ourselves today.

4 Likes

this discussion sucks

Well thanks so much for endeavoring so hard to improve it!

4 Likes

That’s because it’s mostly a sausage party.

5 Likes

No haram, no foul.

3 Likes

Is a sausage party halal?

5 Likes

This dude:

http://blog.ameliagreenhall.com/post/quiet-ladies.-wadhwa-is-speaking-now

Many tech feminists (such as myself) like to mock Vivek Wadhwa as “The Guy Who Gets Paid to Talk About Women in Tech,” but what he does is a serious problem that hurts women in tech in tangible ways. By appointing himself the unwanted spokesman for women in tech he has kept actual, qualified women’s voices from being heard widely in the mainstream media.

6 Likes

From what I can tell, in Saudi Arabia, Sharia law means: whatever the court feels like forcing people into doing. If the judge is in a nasty mood, the sentence simply shifts from an absurd amount of whipping to beheading.

2 Likes

Apparently in one of their performances in Australia, they did that gag for 20 minutes straight.

Freed from prison, Saudi activist sees hope in new king | Daily Mail Online
Freed from her “bad dream” of three months in prison, Saudi activist Suad al-Shammari, an associate of detained blogger Raef Badawi, sees hope in the ascent to the throne of new King Salman.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate, I think.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.