Save 72% On The Power Vault 18000mAh Dual USB Battery Pack

[Read the post]

FWIW, this thing has pretty abysmal ratings on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Koar-18000mAh-Portable-Battery-Outputs/dp/B00UW1JFPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436900193&sr=8-1&keywords=Power+Vault+18000mAh+Portable+Battery+Pack&pebp=1436900208889&perid=164TGSX4T6QTA51XBP0D

1 Like

so are these ‘deals’ just paid product placements? no one at boingboing is actually endorsing the products?

1 Like

Somehow I missed that it’s three to four WEEKS shipping. I didn’t see that anywhere.

I also didn’t look at the Amazon reviews… I guess I assumed it WAS an endorsement and not an advertisement. I don’t think I’ll be using the boing boing store again.

I think the Boing Boing Store is just advertising on their own products, though I don’t pretend to know what is going on behind the scenes with regard to fulfillment or partnerships, or the nature of the relationship between the store and the site, etc. However, since these posts are entirely unsigned, it seems to me that they aren’t endorsements, per se, as much as advertisements.

Occasionally you see some named authors endorsing products, but they generally link directly to the Amazon/bb kickback link. I’ve bought a few things on the basis of those endorsements, and been uniformly happy with the result.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.