Science of the perfect chocolate-chip cookie

The perfect choc chip cookie doesn’t have sugar! ( and Im not talking about that toxic splenda/aspartame junk either) I know the recipe but its too good to share, ill leave it as a choc chip puzzle for you mind~its delicious and healthy

Kenji always knows his stuff. (Check out Serious Eats, a blog he writes for).

Maple syrup? Golden syrup? Honey?

Oatmeal in chocolate chip cookies is an abomination. May you be struck down in furious anger by the cookie gods!

2 Likes

Stentorian Voice:
LET THE FLAME WAR… BEGIN!

I like the Cook’s Illustrated recipe for white cake, though I sub plain soy milk for for the cow milk. It still tastes great, though it’s not as white as it ought to be.

That’s just like, your opinion man. Besides that just means moar cookies for me.

Moar horrible cookies!

Can we agree that raisins are terrible? Raisins look like chocolate chips from a distance. You spy raisins and think “Hey, chocolate chip cookies. I will eat you” and then you get near one and notice that it’s an evil raisin. Why are you not a chocolate chip!?

Because it is an oatmeal raisin cookie. This is a good thing. Not as good as chocolate chip cookies, I’ll grant you, but still better than a kick in the butt with a frozen boot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.