Scientists report direct brain-to-brain communication

Wait… isn’t that Leonard Nimoy?

It happens. Usually when I’m tired.

I think what they mean by direct is that it bypasses muscles on the sending side, and the five senses on the receiving side. Primitive sure, but mark my words this is going to be our interface to the internet.

1 Like

Readers are requested to read the following books on archive dot org (free download)

Right Click & Open in New Tab

1. Software codes of Reality, Life and Languages!

2. Codes of reality! What is language?

The theme is a contention on about subject matter, in connection to the software codes that designs and maintains both human beings as well as reality.

I’d just like to point out to those quibbling about “direct” that if mankind ever does invent useful telepathy, it will operate via a physical mechanism that involves transmitting signals across some medium. Right now we transmit thoughts from one brain to another using vibrations of the air, or arranged patterns of light. The way you acquire superpowers in the real world is by figuring out how to get them in a way that is completely normal.

Thanks for the link, that does make this all seem less like science-ish artifice and exaggeration. I’m still not sure I get the logic behind the thinking that the subjects not knowing the code makes for better proof, though. Can you expand on that?

Like a blind test. If you don’t know what the message carries, you can’t deduce the missing bits and fill in the blanks. So you deliver the message including the transmission errors, which allows for estimation of the transmission quality.

2 Likes

Getting people to accurately record a series of flashes that can then be correctly decoded as a message allows the person running the experiment to know whether or not those people got the message right. That’s why a message was encoded.

They avoided collusion and showed the process worked (between the sender and three receivers) by having them be very distant from one another (India to France). They could further avoid “cheating the test” by not allowing the sender or receivers to know what the the code was - then the test subjects would only be reporting what was (to them) meaningless flashes of light. Without context, the pattern wouldn’t make any sense.

QLKG KG NLMQ K DYMH. KI UFX SMH HFQ GFVWY M STURQFOTMD, UFX SMH’Q TYMC KQ.

Answer: This is what I mean. If you can not solve a cryptogram, you can’t read it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.