Seattle cops give away mini-Doritos with weed law advice at "Hempfest"

[Permalink]

1 Like

I like it. A great outreach program idea, combined with a good sense of humor.

10 Likes

The law is a bit crazy. As one police spokesman said, it is perfectly legal to buy marijuana on the street. The person who sells it commits a felony.

7 Likes

I think this is a great idea: that the police exist to make sure the law is upheld, not just to catch those people that break it.

9 Likes

Personally, I like to throw peanuts at alcoholics.

2 Likes

Huh? Itā€™s legal to posses smallish amounts of it and laaaaarge amounts of hash oil. Itā€™s still not legal to buy it in Seattle from non-MM clinic or approved WA Liquor Control Board approved retail locations (that donā€™t exist yet).

From the SPDā€™s marijuana faq: . In the meantime, production and distribution of non-medical marijuana remains illegal.
http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2012/11/09/marijwhatnow-a-guide-to-legal-marijuana-use-in-seattle/

Buying pot is not really addressed from the police point of view.

1 Like

The only nit I have to pick here is catering to the all-pervasive stoner stereotype, munching on Doritos and Taco Bell, watching nothing but other goofy stoners on the teevee (Cheech & Chong, ā€˜Dude Whereā€™s My Carā€™, ā€˜Half Bakedā€™, etc).

Whereā€™s the stoner who, for example, enjoys some Dulce De Leche Caramel ice cream while watching the total visual mind-bender that is ā€˜Citizen Kaneā€™?

1 Like

You must be unfamiliar with the word ā€œdistributionā€.

I know the word, which differs from receiving.

Maybe itā€™s my generation but I canā€™t say I think one ounce bags of Doritos are miniature. One ounce used to be a serving.

I think it is the Doritos themselves which are miniature, not the serving size. We donā€™t do miniature when it comes to serving size in We-ville.

The law in a democracy represents, at any time, a compromise between opinions.

So, it is irrational to expect logical consistency.

2 Likes

Sorry. Because Cory wrote ā€œA program called ā€œOperation Orange Fingersā€ will see Seattle cops will welcoming attendees at this weekendā€™s Hempfest with miniature bags of Doritos with links to the departmentā€™s Marijwhatnow? guide to staying on the right side of the stateā€™s law that decriminalized simple possession of sub-one-ounce quantities of marijuana.ā€ I assumed it was the bags that were being called ā€œminiature.ā€ Cory is a wordsmith, and I would have thought he would have said ā€œā€¦bags of miniature Doritosā€¦ā€ if it was the actual chips that were being called small. You may be right. His grammar is uncharacteristically untidy as well. ā€œā€¦ will see Seattle cops will welcoming attendeesā€¦ā€ is a pretty awkward turn of phrase too.

Remember that itā€™s 65% air

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.