Shia LaBeouf plagiarism accusation of the day

[Permalink]

so? free market for purchases if not production. who is shia lebeouf anyway?

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll go with ā€˜deluded self-centered megalomaniacā€™ for the moment.

6 Likes

Too bad we canā€™t clone him.

2 Likes

At this point Iā€™m not really sure that he himself isnā€™t just a copy of someone else.

How far down does the Shia go?

7 Likes

The amazing part is plagiarizing a statement about how original and unique he is.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll go with misunderstood genius that everyone keeps imitating before he does it first.

7 Likes

Honestly, as someone who has worked in marketing (technical products) - people plagiarize that kind of thing all the time. I mean, itā€™s a little spot on, but I donā€™t think a description like this is going to be a unique piece of writing no matter how much time he put into it. Now the comics and stuff really ought to be a creative output.

1 Like

Heā€™s financially set for life, yes? Transformers 1,2,3, Indiana Jones, etc? Iā€™m not calling him Andy Kaufman, but this situation might be hilarious from his end.

8 Likes

This has to turn out to be a movie trailer. Itā€™s not possible to be real?

positive he hasnā€™t been?

I can only hope ā€œgot lebeoufā€ will replace ā€œgot beefā€ for all instances of art theft.

This would be something if it was all just the start of an elaborate ARG.

Maybe itā€™s some sort of mental disorder.

1 Like

Iā€™m going with elaborate Joaquin Phoenix ā€œIā€™m Still Hereā€ style trolling.

2 Likes

Entitled that he is, thought he could get away with it to begin with.

Once called out, heā€™s deflecting the hate by pretending itā€™s a ā€œjokeā€ and a ā€œmeta art projectā€ and is going full asshole.

Joaquin Phoenix, funny or not, at least started out trying to fuck with people. LaBeouf is a sniveling, plagiarizing, coward, who hides his lack of talent behind this ā€œitā€™s a joke, phillistinesā€ act. It wasnā€™t his intention initially.

5 Likes

Shh Shh Shh Shh Shia.
Perhaps a Shia pet is in the offing for the next holiday push? One can only wonder what seeds might be grown on that melon!

2 Likes

Haha, not that heā€™s doing it on purpose Iā€™ve come full circle and am totally chill with the whole thing.

1 Like

It seems like it would have been easier to write that paragraph than to go find one on someone elseā€™s site, and ever so slightly tweak it.

Iā€™m starting to wonder if people are right about this being an elaborate hoax. Maybe Shia doesnā€™t even really exist, and itā€™s all part of a long con. Maybe there are ten different people resembling Shia (one of them a woman!), who take turns as the real Shia, and everything heā€™s ever said or written was lifted from a source out in the world.

Because if youā€™re plagiarizing something as simple as an About Me paragraph, itā€™s either that or pathological behavior.

1 Like

sigh. all art is theft. damning with faint praise?

1 Like

ā€œWhy is Picturebox?ā€ WTF does that mean? Are we sure they didnā€™t plagiarize Shia? At least his first sentence makes sense.