Some favorite TV theme songs

Well, “Greatest American Hero” is already mentioned, so…

It was incredibly goofy and short-lived, and I wouldn’t call the intro “great”, but it still stuck with me - Shadow Chasers:

For a bit more mainstream, I can’t believe these haven’t been mentioned.

A-Team:

MAS*H (kinda glitchy, but couldn’t find a better version):

And, going schlocky again, but the intro was so much of an earworm (despite the lyrics making no sense)… Silverhawks!

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the countrified nature of the song that turns people off. The firefly intro isn’t as schlocky, maybe…?

Lexx! One of the best cheesy shows ever. I am reminded once again that I still haven’t finished it.

4 Likes

I had to search the thread and make sure this was here. Every millisecond burned into my memory forever…

2 Likes

I’m not a big Star Trek fan, and I had never heard this opening theme, so I had to seek it out and see what the fuss is about.

In fairness, THAT IS THE WORST SONG I HAVE EVER HEARD.

2 Likes

I never watched that Wheeled Warriors show, but I remember the toys as being pretty neato. BTW that’s director P.T. Anderson’s dad Ernie doing the intro in that clip!

1 Like

I don’t usually like television theme songs - or songs generally. Also, I grew up with a lot of British and Japanese shows, considering that I was not in either of those places.

I’ll post Juspion here, but most of the Metal Heroes series intros were insane.

1 Like

I have watched lots of Avengers, but the familiarity with the later theme bugs me out, because all of the episodes I’ve seen had variations of this one:

2 Likes

Here a few modern ones.

Justified

Turn

The Americans

1 Like

I can’t believe I forgot the terrific opening to the original Batman: the Animated Series.

I didn’t. Scroll up. But it still gives me chills when I listen to it to this day. It is that good.

1 Like

Ahh that is from the first season before Emma Peel.
I have that one on CD from a Soul Jazz compilation.

Yet people love the firefly intro.

HELLO THERE

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to watch “The Batman” lately cuz it just dropped on NF:

DEF not at good tho - who knows, maybe it will grow on me, but BTA was really good (in memory).

@nungesser

Who is ready for The Killing Joke?

3 Likes

I was not at all fond of The Batman. Too grimdark, too “cool”. The stylishness and sophistication of The Animated Series was really top notch.

The other past Batman series to check out is The Brave & The Bold, which paired Batman up with Silver Age teammates such as Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Deadman, Booster Gold, Uncle Sam, and the Haunted Tank. It’s gleefully fun.

2 Likes

I couldn’t be more ready. Just watched Assault on Arkham not too long ago and NF just dropped Flaspoint Paradox (one of the very best stories bar none*) and JL War, so I’ve been nom-nom-nom in anticipation of the Killing Joke finally dropping.

*Speaking of The Flash TV series just kicked off this paradox - with any luck we’ll get Eobard Thawne’s “time boom” :slight_smile:

I agree that the animation is high quality yet still falls short - like it’s missing a soul or something.

I’ve been a fan of Booster Gold since his appearance in the JLA Unlimited animated series - it made him much more, I dunno, normal and relateable. Easily could have been a throw-away character or a background character that they never even named, but he became one of the highlights of the series for me.

One of my sweeties suggested this show for us recently and we’ve been enjoying it, so yes, I quite understand having this stuck in your head - it’s common for this to happen in our family!

@anon24181555 Re: The Liberty Bell March.

I did my USAF tech training at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, MS. I was in late afternoon classes, so had a good part of my day free and did not usually have to show up for a formation or marching. One day I was on base when drifting across the breeze I hear … well, at the time I identified it as Monty Python, of course. I was no where near the dorms, and I couldn’t quite figure it out, until I realized it was the noon formation’s marching music. That’s when I was really glad that I didn’t have to do that. I’m not quite sure how I could have gotten to the end without letting out a loud raspberry! I’m pretty sure that would not have gone over well.

I was a bit sad to finish it, knowing there wouldn’t be more once I did, but it was a surprisingly good show. Over all, I liked it better than any of the Star Trek shows. At least the crew of the Lexx had good reasons for making monumentally bad decisions.

3 Likes

“Lexx, blow up the planet.”

“No, wait, I’ll comply!”

“Lexx, belay that order. Now, about that compliance…”

Lexx blows up the planet

Lexx: “What does ‘belay’ mean?”

3 Likes