Some favorite TV theme songs

“The Plot”. Not the official theme, but the best part of the series.

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with your television set…

10 Likes

9 Likes

I had originally started putting each entry into its own post for just that reason but the forum algorithm started yelling at me after my third post.

3 Likes

It does get cranky.

Robot roll call…

Surprised @monkeyoh didn’t already post that.

13 Likes

Dude I loved Fat Albert and the theme song. I even used to do picture pages with him.

1 Like

What - NO ONE has mentioned this one?

I STILL get goose bumps listening to it!!

13 Likes

There are so many things I can’t enjoy anymore without thinking of that damn serial rapist. I can’t even rock my vintage Coogi sweater like I used to :angry:

Oh, shit! I knew I forgot one! Here’s the version they did for the BTAS movie. Bit more operatic, but basically the same theme song.

The BTAS theme song was one of the few TV intros I rarely skipped even after hearing it a hundred times.

2 Likes

John Williams …Time Tunnel…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOuXPumL3l8

Land of the giants… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iMNBY61ndQ

How long has this been going on???

2 Likes

I still want the Markie Post remake. Actually looked higher budget…

1 Like

I was focusing so hard on my childhood that I didn’t even think of it!

:disappointed:hangs head in shame

4 Likes

Great choice. Particularly how the action bits have their own music cues.

I lament the loss of theme songs that lasted longer than 10 seconds and had some god damn thought put into them…

Quantum Leap (not the awful later remix version which sounds more dated than the already dated original)

The Legend of the Four Kings (UK opening)

Need some more classic UK themes actually…

Red Dwarf

Only Fools and Horses

8 Likes

Six Million Dollar Man

I so wish somebody would make a good movie either from the TV show or from the book (Cyborg). So many great themes to explore. I’ve actually talked about writing a script and when I talked to a former co-worker who is now at a production company, I was told that the IP rights would likely be a mess.

5 Likes

A triumph of late 1970s funk:

1 Like

I think for a lot of these shows I have fondness for the theme song because I have fond memories of watching the show.

I actually have the 45s of “Rockford Files” and “Greatest American Hero” themes in my record collection.

3 Likes

I just watched the pilot on youtube it was poor quality and they didn’t upload the whole movie but it followed the book quite well for a TV movie. Sadly the library does not have the first season so I may have to actually go to Scarecrow and check there.
The book is definitely quite a bit darker in tone than the TV show.

Rocket Robin Hood?

1 Like
6 Likes

And the theme to SWAT

5 Likes