Some favorite TV theme songs

Had no interest in the show, but man this theme was a grabber:

2 Likes

Yes! I really should’ve included the end credits version.

2 Likes

Loves me some Vangelis:

2 Likes

I sometimes wonder would I love this song so much if the show it adorns
hadn’t scraped such giddy heights
 suppose it was on something like Mrs. Brown’s Boys, for example - I’d probably loathe it

That’s a good point actually, many of these are attached to nostalgia for the show itself but come on, the legend of the four kings track still sounds amaaaazing!

1 Like

An old classic:

3 Likes

I read somewhere that bud flanagan recorded the track in a single take and reduced jimmy perry to tears. They included it in a scene of the recent drama documentary - We’re Doomed! The Dad’s Army Story - worth a watch anyway.

2 Likes
1 Like

The show tanked, but the theme song was catchy enough to have always stuck in my head:

1 Like

That is not necessarily a good thing.

2 Likes

A bona-fide #1, this I love for it’s unabashed, height-of-the-art-form disco-ness (also, clicking on the wikipedia article for the band, they also recorded
 Keep Your Eye On The Sparrow!)

And yet another #1 tv theme hit from childhood:

4 Likes

The outro music to Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors is darn good too. And maybe a close second behind Jayce is the theme to Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.

2 Likes

Loved the show, still love the theme song:

And this little tune is the ringtone I hear when my dad calls my cell (what can I say, my family’s
 eccentric):

5 Likes

I forgot about The Lone Gunmen opening music. I was so bummed that the series didn’t do well. :cry:

1 Like

Okay, this entire thread has been a nostalgia binge.
To the many great ones posted here, I would add:

This, which was used for “What the papers say”, a round up of what the press had been up to.

And another classic:

2 Likes

No one has mentioned Twin Peaks?

3 Likes

Rawhide:

Bonanza:

Gunsmoke:

4 Likes

I grew up to be a scientist, and I still occasionally use the 3-2-1 Contact theme to pick myself up and remind myself that I’ve wanted to do this a for a looooooooooong time.

1 Like

Ohh!

3 Likes

♫ badda-ba-bum (snap snap) ♬