Soylent Green prop from 1972 movie sold at auction for $2250

We call it 1965. Too young to remember Civil Defense Supply drums in basements of office buildings, churches, and schools ??

And when I flew in the USAF, our primary survival rations were in spam cans, and were fortified/enriched compressed Cornflake Bars. You ate one while drinking a full quart of water or more. . .But those were “spam” cans, with a strip and a key, so you could then use the can for cooking. . .

2 Likes

“People”? I ain’t “people.” I am a - “a shimmering, glowing star in the cinema firmament.”
It says so - right here.

1 Like

The choice of packaging could lead one to infer that Pringles is also people.

I bought some canned food with a picture of a dog on it. It didn’t taste like dog at all. Very disappointed.

When I worked in a bank in 1986 the basement of one branch was still full of 'em.

Got to agree. If I had a handy couple of grand I would have bought that up in a flash… A few years back I’d have bought it without even thinking about it. Soylent Green man…its comin to get ya.

That would totally be where I keep my coffee.

2 Likes

Just a little tiny-weeny bit.

Imagine how angry I was when the can arrived, and I found out it was EMPTY!

How quickly can some crack designer reengineer that can as a template, suitable for printing and sticking any can in my home?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.