Star Wars Episode 7 spy shots

Gosh what an inopportune leak. Surely this will not stir up buzz for any upcoming premiere.

Brainspore, you are so right. On Saturday, my son watched Episode IV for the first time with a few similarly-aged friends who had never seen it. My pal who was hosting has a really big screen. When this exact scene came on, we parents were stunned at how wrong it felt, and it wasn’t just because it wasn’t part of the original film that we had grown up with.

1 Like

I’ve got the un-altered versions on DVD if you want to borrow them. I didn’t want my kids growing up thinking they could dodge out of the way of a bounty hunter’s shot fired from two feet away.

5 Likes

This isn’t Twitter. Hashtags don’t work.

Yeah, about that… why would they hide Luke, who was raised under his real name, with the only family in the entire galaxy that Vader already knew? That would make for an awkward family reunion.

God, this has bothered me SO much for so long. That, and why Obi Wan didn’t change his own goddamn name. I mean, sure, it’s not like you’re a wanted man throughout the galaxy and famous because of your role in the Clone Wars or anything. I’m sure nobody will notice when an old hermit moves in down the road who just happens to have the same last name and general appearance as that guy who is wanted by the government for treason. At least Yoda had the good sense to hide on a planet with no other sentient beings.

4 Likes

As long as it isn’t Naboo. Meesah no wanna sees no moah Naboo.

He DID change his name. Remember Luke said, “I wonder if he means ol’ Ben Kenobi.”

We don’t know when he moved to Tatooine. He could have moved down there ~5 years ago to keep an eye on Luke. I doubt he was public enemy #1 at that point.

I bet Vader even knew Luke was there, but just left him alone.

I guess I just imagined Obi Wan spent most of his time making sure Luke was not the Skywalker they were looking for. He was really good at that gag. So unless and until Vader decided to go there himself, unlikely considering his prior experiences there, there wasn’t anyone capable of finding them. It isn’t explained, but thats my 2c

Brilliant!

1930s Cop: “Please state your name and business.”
Fugitive: “The name’s Dillinger. Uh, Steve Dillinger. Yeah, that’s the ticket.”

3 Likes

If I recall correctly, someone else was pissed because Ole Ben also wore the uniform of the Jedi Knights…

He also walked around with a lightsaber and was known locally as “that crazy old wizard.” It wouldn’t exactly take an FBI profiler to piece all that together.

An hour’s drive from where you grew up.

Yeah, if our solar system is any indication that is the case, but it also never ceases to amaze me that these rock quarry planets always have temperate climates and breathable atmospheres. Or maybe we’ve simply never seen the other half of Tattooine that’s a huge rainforest.

Though. the force would have to be with him.

50: After the 3D image disappears, Luke asks in astonishment, “She called you a general, and said that you served the Republic, are you…” Kenobi says, “I am a Jedi Knight (Jiedi Qishi 傑迪騎士), just like your father. We were both old guards of the Republic, sworn to protect and serve.”

I don’t see how Kenobi’s robes looked any more Jedi-like than 1/2 the other people walking around with robes on Tatooine. This was 18 years after the purge of the Jedi. Just like no one 18 years later would have a clue if the German guy who moved next door was Nazi war criminal or not. Couple this with the fact that Tatooine is a back water planet run by Hutt mafia, where just about everyone is involved in some sort of illicit activity, I imagine most people mind their own business.

Keep in mind too that the Empire went after the Jedi - not just every Force user. I am sure there were millions of Force users out there who just stayed under the radar and never affiliated themselves with the Jedi. So having some old guy who knew some force tricks wouldn’t have seemed so odd.

The one big no-no would have been the light saber, but who knows if anyone even knew Kenobi had one. I’m sure he wasn’t the only person with an illegal weapon in that cantina.

Hey - here is a thing that just pisses me off about the sequels.

Why is it no one ever went back and helped Anakin’s mom? Sorry kid, the Republic abhors slavery, but Tatooine isn’t technically part of the Republic. And contrary to the opulence you see, we Jedi are just broke as all fuck.

Seriously. WTF? They should of had it explained that someone went back, bought her freedom, and then she hooked up with Lars. Simple solution to the plot that don’t actually require changes to the story at all. But you don’t sit there wondering “WTF she was still a slave? Some old guy basically bought her as a wife? WTF??”

If we’ve learned anything in the past few decades, it’s that the atmosphere of a Class M Planet is nigh ubiquitous.

1 Like

I’m not watching any more Star Wars unless there is a public apology for the coining of the word ‘younglings’.

2 Likes

Excellent point. And seriously, why not have each of them take one of Luke and Leia and, you know, raise them as Jedi from birth like they did every single other Jedi except the one that betrayed them all.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.