Terry Pratchett can't attend Discworld convention

That sounds about right. There’s also a really good recording of Thief of Time floating around somewhere. It has Stefan Rudnicki playing Death and Harlan Ellison (holy crap, how is that even possible?!) reading the footnotes.

1 Like

Meh. Except for creating Dibbler, Vimes, Granny Weatherwax, Rincewind, Nanny Ogg, DEATH, Susan, Magrat, The Death of Rats, ■■■■■ Von Lipwig, and Tiffany Aching what’s Terry Pratchett ever done for us?

1 Like

I read The Colour of Magic years ago, but it didn’t do anything for me. It was 15+ years before I read any of the others. Just finished the whole lot off.

I tried the Long… series. Earth was okay, War was dire. I won’t be reading the next one.

2 Likes

That reminded me off the old joke with the punchline, “A pig that good you don’t eat all at once.”

The idea of him being allowed to slowly fade away whilst still feeding our thirst for his creation seems kind of sad and noble.

Of his “more recent books”, I really enjoyed Postal and Making Money. Thud left me cold. Vimers driven by the Darkness seemed nothing more than a plot device. I’ve yet to read Steam as I’ve got to wait until my birthday in October.

Arrr, it’s not fair.
I met him after his lecture in Auckland, NZ some years back.
He is such a nice guy - someone you would choose as a friend, if the celebrity didn’t get in the way.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.