The best business card in the world

[Permalink]

1 Like

For real?
If true: I always had the impression that modesty is not a virtue often found in China ā€¦ or the US - at least one thing you have in common with your new pinko arch-enemy.

3 Likes

Reminds me of an old Calvin and Hobbes strip when Calvin wanted to be known as Boy of Destinyā€¦

3 Likes

Of all his titles the best one by far is ā€œChina Low Carbon Emissionā€.

Think about it, kids: if you work and study really hard someday you too may grow up to be a low carbon emission.

5 Likes

At first I thought all the censor black bars were on the printed card. Which would have been hilariously appropriate for China.

9 Likes

Only one of the Top 10 Most Honorable Volunteers? Please. That means there are potentially nine volunteers in China who have more honor.

6 Likes

What the heck is a ā€œEnvironmental Preservation Demolition Expertā€?

4 Likes

This is nothing. Kim Il Sung was all of those things, plus he could pole vault 50 meters, swim 2 km in icy waters, invent synthetic cloths daily, and provide on-the-spot direction to increase worker productivity.

2 Likes

He blows up buildings/roads and lets the land return to nature? Probably better than the current solution of letting nearly finished office blocks sit empty because nobody wants them.

Trying to decide if this is more or less gauche than calling oneself a public intellectual.

Less.

Heā€™s clearly not that important. Heā€™d have used Pale Nimbus. And it doesnā€™t even have a watermark.

18 Likes

Sounds like heā€™d get along famously with Thomas Friedman, at any rate.

2 Likes

Who calls themselves a public intellectual? Quick Googling finds no one applying the label to themselves.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because he invented it, silly. Itā€™s not for nothing that he carries the title of Most Innovative Nomenclaturist in China.

6 Likes

I would be about 10% surprised if this were fake.

2 Likes

I donā€™t always drink beer, but when I doā€¦

2 Likes

No offense, but maybe you should google slower.

the second google result for the term ā€˜public intellectualā€™ is one guy at MIT going on for nearly 2000 words

searching on the exact phrase ā€œi am a public intellectualā€ yields many non-ironic utterances.

I am the very model of a public intellectual,
Iā€™ve information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
Iā€™m very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
About binomial theorem Iā€™m teeming with a lot oā€™ news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
Iā€™m very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a public intellectual!

19 Likes

Sounds like you too are a graduate of this course

We will be exploring a broad range of theories of media and communication across the class, but the primary focus is going to be applied and practical, as students cultivate the skills and understanding required to make meaningful interventions as public intellectuals.

1 Like

ā€œMost free haircut with purchase of bedroom set at ā€˜Tom Petersonā€™sā€¦and Gloriaā€™s Tooā€™.ā€

/Most obscure Oregon inside reference from 20 years ago.

1 Like