The Rainbow Belongs to God

[Permalink]

Well, that’s my week’s dose of crazy.
(Gotta love the apparent inability of the lyricist to produce even one line without some kind of awkwardness or blunder in it.)

1 Like

Oil slicks are sacred.
My backyard garden hose is from on high.

4 Likes

Not like that skanky Aurora Borealis. What a trollop.

8 Likes

Next Time It’s…

6 Likes

You can’t deny the poetry of it. Still, it felt like a shaggy dog story, since we never did learn “Who is the one?” I expected her to break out with “Scientists!”

I enjoy the narrative value of Christian stories, but “the covenant has been signed?” What sort of deal is this between God and humankind? I just flooded your whole fucking world for five months. You are now a handful who used to be thousands. Just sign the fucking covenant and I’ll invent rainbows already, so you can worship me and pursue your pots of gold.

4 Likes

Thanks for that. Now, how do I disabuse youtube of the notion I’d like to see more like it?

6 Likes

Ironically, the rainbow does not belong to the librettist.

You actually stuck with her all the way to the end? My God what fortitude. At about 1:30 I skipped ahead so see if she was still doing it. Yep, still doing it.

1 Like

Yeah, tedious, but there’s this badge I’m competing for.

6 Likes

Can anyone read the phrase “untouched by evil desire” without hearing it in Frank Zappa’s voice whispered into a megaphone (a la the Central Scrutinizer in Joe’s Garage)?

I know I can’t.

2 Likes

i don’t know if you’re being sarcastic, but it’s pretty clear that it was TEH GAYS.

The deal is from Gen 9:13-16, “I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth… and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh,” a suspiciously specific promise.

Signature? Don’t make me laugh; God’s covenants are more like those of Darth Vader, or of the United States for that matter.

4 Likes

That was…bad. I couldn’t even make it to a minute.

I’ll be honest, I can’t even being to watch the video. That said, of course The Rainbow belongs to the Gods. Bifröst leads to Asgard and it’s guarded by Heimdallr.

8 Likes

Shouldn’t be hard, seeing as it’s on Vimeo.

1 Like

Reprieved! Thanks for noticing.

Had to know if it was Dawkins.

1 Like

I was actually hoping that Heimdall was the one, myself. I’d love to see the Old Gods & the New get together and show who’s for real under the eyes of the MetaGod thru the divine right of combat.

I’ll get the popcorn.

1 Like

Believe it or not, I wasn’t being sarcastic. I can’t believe I totally missed that. I was thinking Unweaving the Rainbow etc., and really sat through the whole thing waiting for the scientists to be blamed. Oh, well. Perhaps another time.

3 Likes

Rather terrible and utterly pointless, I was hoping for something controversial, although I must admit I didn’t watch the whole thing, I did listen to it all, and it made the task of cleaning the office far less pleasant than white noise would have, never mind actual music.

1 Like