The Rainbow Belongs to God

I think it’s just kind of implied that “the one” is Darkseid.

From the Vimeo page:

This song has been released by Danish Christians compelled by a strong urge to stand up for the Biblcal Christian values.

Oh. The original was written in Danish.

Did a little digging and my Googlefu was strong.

It turns out that the song, “was written my friend Johny Noer, a Danish pastor living in the Negev Desert of Israel, and performed by the very talented singer/composer Signe Walsoe.” It was at least inspired (if not commissioned) by Scott Lively, MA gubernatorial candidate. The title comes from an article Lively wrote “to encourage the Russians to reclaim the rainbow as a Christian symbol during the Winter Olympics”

http://www.scottlively.net/2014/06/24/the-rainbow-belongs-to-god-music-video/

(So, yeah, it was a tad bit controversial.)

1 Like

If they take away our rainbows, can we get something else? Subvert an important biblical word and make it our new word? If so I nominate Assumption (unless its already been taken for a troll).

I thought the rainbow was supposed to be a gift from God after the flood anyway? Sorry lady, after having almost the whole planet’s life forms destroyed, the rainbow belongs to us.

Is it a rainbow badge?

1 Like

“It was written my friend Johny Noer, a Danish pastor living in the Negev Desert of Israel”.

Damn, wonder if they have a friend by the name of Donald Elbert? “Bump-dee-bump! My life for you!”

Fire! Fire!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.