This Day in Blogging History: Ikea countertops make cheap oak spiral staircase; Junk-food neuroscience; Sitcom extinction makes 2,000 Wikipedias possible

[Permalink]

I love Ikea hacking. All that smooth surfaces, regular angles, and modular design makes it wonderfully easy to repurpose.

(The topic of this thread is now “Ikea sucks/no it doesn’t.”)

The treads are pretty nice looking, but the title of the post should be: “I can design and weld pretty well, so my spiral staircase is way cheaper than yours. Oh, and I used countertops for the treads” :smile:

2 Likes

“Ten years ago today: Death of the sitcom frees up 2,000 Wikipedias worth of cognitive capacity. Put another way, now that we have a unit, that’s 2,000 Wikipedia projects a year spent watching television.”

Scroll down to the next post: A post about S2E2 of a tv show called “Hannibal”.

And the next post: A post about S2E2 of a tv show called “Orphan Black”.

TV is dead. Long live TV.

3 Likes

Boing Boing has figured that if it reviews all of the TV shows, its audience won’t get lost to all of the other blogs that also review all the TV shows.

Of course, this blog doesn’t pander to passive consumer culture, so it’s totally different. :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.