This is a pretty awesome a capella dubstep video. You should really watch it

[Permalink]

1 Like

well that’s 4 minutes of my life I’ll never get back…

8 Likes

I need new headphones.

3 Likes

“Wow”

Yep.

At least he apologized. Skrillex never even gives me the time of day.

7 Likes

Hey Xeni, this guy is EVEN BETTER!

4 Likes

God, that was annoying.

6 Likes

i’m really hoping this is a someday-famous-but-right-now-unknown genius comic, testing out his new pee-wee herman-like character.

3 Likes

you’re a patient, patient man.

4 Likes

The T-shirt is icing on the cake.

1 Like

Oh gods, I hope so. I really, really hope so.

i’ll also add that i really hate when the Bb posters troll us, just because they can.

3 Likes

This is actually a pretty great a cappella dubstep video and I say that without a hint of irony or rick-rolling.

7 Likes

Was there any teasers at the end?

I didn’t make it too far. he does capture the annoying nature of dub step.

I gotta admit, that was genuinely neato.

That was pretty great, but I’m not sure it really qualifies as a capella, when the mics are being run through heavy effects, and the loops are being played like instruments via a keyboard. Very cool but stretching the definition a bit imho.

I think Walk Off the Earth was closer to hitting the mark (even if this song isn’t your style), with their all vocal, no effects, song…or at least i could see how this idea and technique could be adapted to true a capella dubstep to make something spectacular in the right hands.

1 Like

I think I’ve found my new leader.

“BAAAAAAAHHH!”

It was a little hard to dance to.

Based on the rest of his YouTube channel, I am inclined to agree that this is indeed the case.

Not really a capella, as mentioned above, but still very cool. I stand in awe of people with the skills to do live looping like that. There’s a local artist from near Toronto (Guelph) who has a cool sound and does a lot of live looping that I’ve been wanting to see in concert… Let me see if I can find her.

Edit - found her! Ambre McLean (link is to her YouTube channel). Here’s a sample:

3 Likes