Those paintings of every president hanging out together

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Hey, who let that Bull Moose in with all the Republicans?

6 Likes

George Bush Senior’s face appears to be extending out of his head. I wonder if he’s got an extendable set of jaws inside his mouth.

3 Likes

Reagan looks to be having a stroke. Ike has dislocated his jaw from trying to set the world record for holding golf balls in your mouth. Teddy is so sick he’s about to hurl. Abe feels very defensive about being the butt of all the derisive laughter from Nixon and the Bushes. Ford is just mellow because of the new pipe tobacco he bought in Colorado.

8 Likes

I had not heard of this artist before

10 Likes

They’re not a bit creepy, they’re a lot creepy…

11 Likes

Hey, who let that Bull Moose in with all the Republicans?

Teddy wasn’t elected as a Bull Moose, but switched party affilliation due to his disgust with the Republican party & their nominee.
I can sympathize.

6 Likes

To be honest I find them a bit creepy.

Does this help?

We all float down here…

(Bush has a pretty good Jack Nicholson impersonation going on there, too)

3 Likes

Why isn’t TR kicking them all in the teeth?

8 Likes

I think this would actually be neat if they were drawn realistically.
EDIT: Now realizing that the originals WERE done realistically, I do actually like them. The childish “evil-warping” is stupid.

1 Like

The whole thing is a riff on “Dogs Playing Poker”

5 Likes

Those mouths are a blasphemous fusion of wrongness and abhuman hunger. All of them.

4 Likes

It looks like a meeting of Dick Tracy villains.

5 Likes

Nah. You want patriotic? You want MCNAUGHTON!!!

4 Likes

It looks like an animatronic left out in the sun.

1 Like

As pure, unadulterated wow as that picture is, I didn’t truly love it unti I read the artist’s notes.

3 Likes

These amateurs couldn’t even make ante to get into the game the guys pictured in the main link played.

The original painting can be seen at http://www.andythomas.com/index.aspx/ImageGallery/Index?productId=1 --looks like Rob applied a warp effect to make the mouths more horrific, but the original is still a bit creepy on its own (though for my money the creepiest is the Democrats playing pool at http://www.andythomas.com/index.aspx/ImageGallery/Index?productId=5 with everyone showing rictus grins in response to some witticism made by genocidal maniac Andrew Jackson)

2 Likes

Is that an activist judge weeping?

3 Likes