Top Gear team moves to Amazon

The miracle of public TV!

I love the show, it is a favourite! they don’t know anything about cars.

3 Likes

22 series, you mean?

I was there in February - it was fantastic. I hadn’t planned it, but we arrived during a steampunk gathering which spilled over into the town. That weekend in York was also the Viking festival, so there were also lots of folks wandering around in crude leather, helmets and swords. Add the Saturday night hens’ night groups of women wearing pink feather boas and cat ears and York looked like a time travel accident in a Hello Kitty factory.

4 Likes

And that’s wrong exactly… why?

It’s about time to reconquer the Moon again.

2 Likes

Almost anything with Michael Palin, then.

4 Likes

Never met him, but I’m given to understand that he’s much better at working with producers and directors. If people really confuse the content of a show with its presenters, they need to realise that an awful lot goes on behind the scenes to make it all work.

Interview in Independent

Clarkson, of course, is a mate of Cameron and so presumably gets to meet loads of Conservatives. For Clarkson, the right wing schtick is about keeping open career opportunities (like Murdoch paying him for columns.)

I know the show is popular around the world but I cringe at the image of England that it presents (and it is England not Britain.)

Ugh. Too much commentary.

1 Like

Oh, at least until very recently we had that kind, too.

I really appreciate that your version hasn’t sold out to the mainstream and shortened the tunnel segments though.

1 Like

Damn. Beat me to it. Given the competition. Is Clarkson, its a toss up via a via rationality, no?
*vis a vis, even. Bastard phone.

Well, if it is just Top Gear by other name, I sure hope they call it Prime Gear.

1 Like

Sure, whatever. IMDB pointed to 19 and ‘series’ is pronounced ‘season’ in the united states.

There is probably a train joke I’m missing but my eyes are a bit narrow gauge at the moment.

2 Likes

Doesn’t that just steam you up?

2 Likes

Quit trying to derail the thread and get back on track. Sorry that was too easy and good to not pass up.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, but chris evans has the charisma of a mouldy potato. The man is an arse.

Are his teeth intentionally the same shade as his hair?

1 Like