Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's less-censored police file: criminality, abuse, and intoxication

I thought Canada was supposed to be cool, how come you guys have a mayor who’s a character from a Troma film?

1 Like

A big problem, yes. There are some heartbreaking details in the document as well, such as calling his staffers (multiple times) from his father’s grave, crying and being absolutely shattered and sobbing uncontrollably when he was fired from being the football coach.

Yeah, he’s also a loathsome human being, and has made far more wrong choices than he’s made right ones, but something made him that way. The same thing that made the rest of that contemptible family nasty thugs as well most likely. I guess I feel pity for the person he used to be before all this (however you define ‘this’) happened.

I would really like to see him clean up, do some soul searching, do some therapy, and then get on with his life. He cannot do that while being the Mayor, nor should he be allowed to do so even if he could.

It’s just sad from start to finish. For Rob, for his kids, for Renata, for all the people who have to deal with him on a daily basis, the city of Toronto… Sad sad sad.

3 Likes

Get help, Ford, before you end up living in a van, next to the river.

1 Like

There are no political parties in municipal elections in Ontario. A candidate might have a previous association with a certain party, but they’re very much independent and rely on personal popularity to get elected. There’s also a limit on campaign spending. Looks like $1.3 million for mayor of Toronto (which Rob Ford exceeded). $1.3 million isn’t all that big of a campaign for a city that size. Chicago is comparable in size and I found a story saying “Rahm Emanuel has $5 million in his next election campaign already”. That’s for an election two years away.

But he did smoke crack and admitted it. And he does seem to be a laughable bumblefuck. What’s the problem?

Eh. I’ve done that. it’s quite nice, actually. It means you can actually afford your house, for one thing.

1 Like

I’m just gonna post it again:

Staffer Fickel told Towhey that one time Ford stopped to drink a “mickey” of vodka while driving.

" Mickey, is a Canadian term most commonly used for a 375 ml bottle of alcohol . …"
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100623221955AAOEuVF

So it’s much worse then you think, Cory.

because TROMA ROCKS, EH!!??

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.