Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's microbudget horror flick, The Visit

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Well, I kind of feel like we just watched the whole movie with that trailer…

2 Likes

I’d rent it.
I liked Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs a lot. The Village was comically bad - you can figure it out within 20 minutes - and admittedly I haven’t seen anything else of his…
He’s got the talent, let’s see how this one goes.

As was pointed out by Afro in an iO9 thread yesterday, this is suspiciously similar to 2014’s “The Taking of Deborah Logan”

Unbreakable remains one of my all-time favorite films, but I lost all trust in MNS’s good name upon the steaming heap of self-referencial crap that was Lady in the Water. I mean, a story about a Story??!!

Such a story must feel like it never ends…

3 Likes

Haha! At least in that case it wasn’t so full of itself to crumple into a heap before sinking back into the muck.

I did try to block most of it out, but IIRC the Lady in the Water (the movie and not the woman) is what lurks in the boggy wasteland outside Mordor.

The twist is that he’s been making movies I won’t see the whole time.

5 Likes

Spoiler tag please!!!

3 Likes

Well, from that trailer I learned that he’s willing to take the credit for The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable but not willing to accept the blame for The Happening and The Last Airbender. You still have a long way to go, Mr. Shyamalan.

2 Likes

I guess the microbudget could only afford 2:40 minutes.

Kind of reminds me of the movie Parents.

1 Like

TWIST: The kids are really the crazy ones, and grandma and grandpa are actually visiting their house.

5 Likes

O hell yes this looks great. Just as long as it doesn’t end up “it was all just a dream.”

2 Likes

I was intrigued and really wanted to see the movie at the 1 minute mark.

Then it just kept showing more and more stuff and became less and less effective.

Though I did like the end line.

This movie actually looks like a cute 80s style horror movie. From the trailer, I’d give it a chance. But, then again, I remember The Village had a fantastic trailer. So, I’ll just wait to hear what everyone else has to say.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.