Trucks spray manure on government buildings

I remember him :smiley:

I think it fairly telling that the French burned cars in the square at Chalon-en-Champagne, dumped manure on government buildings, assaulted the police, and yet the police didnā€™t start shooting people.

5 Likes

You might want to look at the DRC at bit closer. Itā€™s far from a free market. With the greatest mineral wealth on the planet, the corruption is so systemic, it is nearly impossible to do business in that country without having to bribe every petty bureaucrat and wanna be warlord that comes down the pipe. Strong arm economy is more like it.

1 Like

Yeah, this is just some plain shitty methodology.

1 Like

Something, something, somethingā€¦joke about French people smelling even worse than usualā€¦

Always nice to see a 'LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT" economic argument.

Even if it were such a binary choice, French industries are a lovely example of what life would be like if copyright laws applied to everything. Pointless actions to outlaw non-french words, onerous ā€˜natural/local ingredientā€™ labeling requirements, trademarking the Eiffel Tower lightshow, thereā€™s too many ridiculous examples to note.

Maybe you intended to reply to someone else?

If you were referring to my post about DRC, it wasnā€™t a ā€œlove it or leave it economicsā€ post. It was a criticism of the Americans who think that we should repeal all government regulations and trust corporations and monopolies to do the right thing, because they believe in some magical marketplace that will reward good and punish evil with dollars or the lack of them.

2 Likes

A bunch of janitors and groundskeepers will be paid wages to clean up the mess. The decision makers will have to pay out for overtime, additional staff, and other expenses related to the cleaning. In the meantime, their building has been defaced and theyā€™ve been publicly embarrassed; failing to clean the building would only reinforce the embarrassment.

2 Likes

One taco

Who do they think they are, bankers?

3 Likes

I hope youā€™re right about the possible outcomes. Speaking as a former maintenance man, I donā€™t want to deal with shit, wages or not. Plumbing issues are bad enough. Washing and scrubbing a thoroughly shit-painted building is not what I signed on for.

This is where the plumber I worked with would quote our employment agreement: ā€œā€¦and other DUTIES as requiredā€¦ā€ Ha.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.