Trump launches presidential bid

[Permalink]

Does Trump not realize how sleezy he comes off? I feel dirty just looking at him.

1 Like

If anything, it’ll make the race more entertaining. Unfortunately it also could make many of the other yahoos running look entirely reasonable.

As @lafix remarked over on Twitter, “Donald Trump is like if the comments section were a person.”

4 Likes

4 Likes

Ha! Maybe that’s the whole point?

I hope Herman Cain runs again.

Like Hillary Clinton?

2 Likes

The “Comb Over” foreign policy will go over big.

2 Likes

Has the word “viable” lost all meaning?

Nothing about this race is entertaining. With the current crop of candidates, they’re all pretty much disasters. Honestly I would vote for Trump on the (likely very wrong) theory that his inaugural address will be, “Seriously? Man, you people suck. I’m fired!”

3 Likes

That’s the real danger of nutjobs like Trump. Not that he has any chance of winning—even mainstream Republicans think he’s an assclown—but that he helps change the perception of what a “centrist” looks like.

4 Likes

In current 'murrican polictics, sadly yes. Doubly so for the nutbar faction of the Republicans.

6 Likes

That was my theory about all of Romney’s primary opponents last cycle, they are all so looneytoons that the base will go for the Mormon.

2 Likes

But even then they picked the wrong Mormon.

3 Likes

Unless he’s recently taken a crash course on evangelical dog-whistling, I doubt he’d make it past Iowa.

1 Like

[quote=“paxsimius, post:3, topic:53873”]If anything, it’ll make the race more entertaining.[/quote]I think I’m weary of entertaining races. Wouldn’t it be a nice change if all the candidates were boring, serious people who never talked about binders full of women or forgetting Poland and who didn’t scream or offer bets during televised debates or quote the Pokemon movie and so on? It’s not like they’ll be providing material for John Stewart anymore (sigh).

By the way, is it not a truth universally acknowledged at this point that linking to the Mail is doubleplus ungood?

4 Likes

Oh thank God. I was afraid the GOP wouldn’t be able to find a good candidate.

5 Likes

Why can’t he just go away? Every time I hear him speak, I throw up a little.

1 Like

The point of that whole primary circus, from Trump’s opening clown act to the end, was to convince the right-wing Republicans that they were going to have to support a corporatist-machine candidate, not one of their own ideologues. Romney had the machine slot locked up (as well as the billionaire Mormon ex-governor slot), and Huntsman was clearly too independent to play ball with the machine, so he also wasn’t acceptable, even though by the end, Romney had been caught making the “47%” sorts of comments that doomed his already-unlikely candidacy.