Two people arrested for having sex on roof of Chipotle

This is the first time in quite a while that I’ve seen photos of people with black bars over their eyes. Can someone explain if this is a copyright issue (because the people own rights to their likeness or presumably haven’t signed off on people using and spreading embarrassing photos) or a way to spare them a small amount of embarrassment by sort of hiding their identity?

Wait–so duration of “porking” and usage of fecal projectiles are factors in newsworthiness? Or is it just the addition of suicide that would make it cross the threshold? Does it have to be all 3?

Actually, the definition of what’s “news” is pretty arbitrary. Is it what we “need” to know for our future well being? Something that directly affects us or our loved ones? Something that teaches us something valuable? Something unusual? Interesting?

What exactly is news, and why would two people committing suicide a thousand miles away from me be newsworthy, but them screwing on a roof not be? Neither affect me directly, and the latter is actually marginally more unusual to see reported, and certainly something I’d prefer to read about.

Is it me or the girl’s eyes are actually tattooed on her eyelids?

Ha, what’s up with the bars over their eyes?

2 Likes

The other articles I’ve seen shows their eyes without the bars. Maybe it’s just a joke, I dunno.

i might snatch you up screamin’ through the window all naked and do it to you up on the roof!

Well, It happened at 9:30 at night and the PD received MULTIPLE calls about it.
Plus,

“An NPD officer arrived and, while on the opposite side of the street,
clearly observed the two defendants engaging in sexual intercourse on
the roof at the very front of the Chipotle building”

2 Likes

If you take a look of the picture of the street, you can imagine the magnitude of the circumstance. They were doing it by the front of Chipotle, clearly visible from across the street. While the man’s own apartment is above the sushi place, which is 10 paces from the spot. http://www.newarkpostonline.com/news/article_ad7bf638-d7f3-5c6a-b5f4-f242a32e65c3.html?mode=image&photo=

Why would you be so unkind to people who had reported the crime? These people ruined their own lives by committing a crime, not because others seeking social orders. The nature of this crime do not require an accuser, and the arresting officer can obviously be the witness since they “continue for another 15-20 seconds”. Or do you mean people calling 911 do not understand that police will make an arrest? Why would anyone call 911 if they think the police would not arrest criminals?

1 Like

I clicked on this post just so I could ask if this was a Gawker, TMZ. etc. takeover of BB. It’s not even clever kind of funny. Honestly, who cares if people get to have sex on a roof. Does the fact it’s Chipotle make it funny? I do agree that the word “Chipotle” is one that lends itself to great funny punchlines due to the way it sounds. Yawn, this was a stupid post for Boing Boing.

mexican-asian fusion

fuck all you people who think I shouldn’t get notified when people are fucking on roofs; fuck, do I love roof fuck notices, thx BB!

5 Likes

This is newsworthy is because America continues to be divided as to whether consensual coitus is a natural, zesty enterprise, or whether it is criminal and shameful.

Not just in the US, but right here, in these bb comments, right now. Look at the post immediately above yours.

1 Like

Yeah, it could have been a peaked roof rather than flat, although that’d be rather precarious. I’ve always wanted to have sex strapped to the front of a speeding locomotive myself.

2 Likes

Can I simultaneously flag this and like it? Have you no shame?

3 Likes

My wife has always seemed to enjoy it, but we seldom need to use a strap.

6 Likes

You’re twisting my words, and I’m not sure if you fully understand the news article. This is not a case about just consensual coitus. It is a case about people having sex on top of a business, visible to public. No one cares if they do it in his apartment, which is like 15 feet from the roof.

Whether you think public sex is natural, you can’t go committing a crime and then challenge the law. The debate must occur prior to the crime. This is the rule of law.

“I’ll have what they’re having.”

Wait, wasn’t it public sex in Newark, Del. that led the Delaware Attorney General to subpoena reddit? This appears to be some sort of a trend. Or maybe something in the water. (Alcohol, maybe.)

Don’t be fatuous, funruly.

Chipotle rooftop sex is how Happy Mutants are made.

2 Likes

I’m ashamed I didn’t bother to register my discomfort with this being on BB; after all, I scored the first reply.

IIRC I was on my way to work… anyway, others have done the job.

Anyway, here’s a thing… if you continue another block east on East Main St, it becomes Ogletown Rd.

LOL. I agree they should’ve chosen to shag elsewhere, nearby…