UK intel officials raid Guardian offices, destroy hard drives with Snowden docs

Have you ever been to DC? Newsflash: “millions and millions” of people won’t even fit there.

What’s your goal here in this thread with your pedantic negativity, anyway?

4 Likes

Funny big brother one world government… oh well man will never fly.

I disagree entirely. If you can’t uphold the constitution you need to go. You will do just fine in the private sector provided you don’t break the law or hurt anyone.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve been to DC a number of times. There is more than enough room.

1 Like

kangorufoo said:
If you are an government employee your first job it to uphold the first amendment.

InsertCoffee bloviated : Categorically untrue, and if you are working with classified material, one of your first responsibilities is appropriate stewardship of such information and data.

Helping to uphold the United States Constitution is “poor stewardship”… good to know, good to know…

2 Likes

“Information is like a bank…”

Yes, I’ve been to DC a number of times. There is more than enough room.

I think your comment was meant for “InsertCoffee” and you replied to me by accident.

It’s more fun talking to you. InsertCoffee is a cold, wet blanket of decaf.

5 Likes

Talking about the duty of gov employees to uphold the US constitution and First Amendment (or otherwise) isn’t entirely relevant to this particular story, given that it occurred in the UK.

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling journalists!

4 Likes

I’m done talking with sock puppets.

1 Like

It’s almost like they want Wikileaks to unlock the “master file” and want The Guardian to publish Snowden docs that they have not yet published. If I were running the intelligence community I would not be taking such a confrontational approach.

1 Like

I’m thinking, unlike apparently most of our government they’re familiar with ‘copying data’ :wink:

1 Like

Destroyed the hard drives, huh? Well, that should put an end to all these shenanigans once and for all then!

5 Likes

Check your definition. Didn’t know representation of large facts was the same as pedantry. But I guess your attempting to point this out may be pedantic in and of itself. #meta Tired of hyperbolic knee jerk responses not based in any kind of reality.

Whatev.

I’m just going to repost the inimitable Billmon’s tweet:

The smashing-the-Guardian’s-hard-drives thing reads like a cult ritual to appease the angry spy gods http://bit.ly/1b8HfPB Magical thinking

3 Likes

Is it just me or is the UK and US Gov’t spiraling out of control on this?

I couldn’t believe what I was reading, had to double check other news sources.

3 Likes

Blithering on about the literal meaning of statements you knew perfectly well were figurative is pedantry. Doing so while also being factually incorrect is just bullshit: “millions and millions” of people won’t be comfortable or localized in DC, but they can certainly fit.

3 Likes

COW: What’s your goal here in this thread with your pedantic negativity, anyway?

YOU: Check your definition.

:smiley: Good one!

But I guess my attempting to point this out may be pedantic in and of itself.

Very good, the first step in solving a problem is admitting you have one.

2 Likes