UK set to sell sensitive NHS records to commercial companies with no meaningful privacy protections

Twit ≠ Twat. Often the same, but not necessarily.

2 Likes

My GP, who is pretty awesome, wrote this article (in Danish) about this very issue. It’s pretty sickening stuff. Pardon the pun. Every information about you is now the property of the state, to do with what they please. The reporting of every bit of personal information is mandatory. No opt out, here.

The way my GP describes it, the government and the pharmaceutical industry is in deep symbiosis. Now that might not come as a great surprise to a skeptical mind, but here in Scandinavia we still labor under the idea, that corruption is something that grows everywhere else but here. It’s very neatly packaged, nut it’s most definitely here. And it’s actually affecting our health in a very negative way.

Front page headlines? Anyone? Anywhere? No? Business as usual…

It’s not just the UK. Corporations are global.

The dataset is blatantly to be used by the insurance co.s that are salivating at the thought of the NHS being carved up by these pieces of Tory shit for their benefit. I’ve had enough. ANC tyre-fire for the lot of them is the only thing that’ll improve my opinion of our gov’t.

[edit:] HEADS UP PEOPLE! Anyone over here in Perfidious Albion who wants to opt out, I just went in to my GP’s office on the way into town, and they had a stack of opt-out forms printed up & ready on the receptionist’s desk, so I’d wager yours does too. Nice and simple :slight_smile:

And that is exactly how things ought to be done, like in the good old days. Vital research could be continued to be carried out by the Medical Research Council (MRC) who already work with Charities and the Pharmaceutical Industry, MRC could be left in charge of the NHS Data, ensuring that it is used within a tightly regulated academic framework instead of putting ATOS, the lowest bidder in charge of the most personal data of the population and tasking them to generate a profit without too much consideration for security and confidentiality.

But of course that would be all wrong because it would involve some initial investment into the MRC and Academic Research in general and that would be wrong.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.