UK spies were terrified that the willing cooperation of telcos would get out; understood they were breaking the law

Based on the occasional leak of a ‘cost recovery’ price schedule for boring-little-people-cop phone taps, I can only suspect that providing industrial scale access is probably so good for shareholder value that you need a pro money launderer to hide exactly where some of the cash comes from…

Not for Canadians. Remember the whole thing about Conrad Black giving up his Canadian citizenship so he could accept a British peerage? Same thing applies to other titles like knighthood.

Straying a little bit off topic here - seeing the shoe phone reminded me about being jealous of my school friends who had Wayfinders shoes back in the '70s.

Every time I see the phrase “they’ve won”, I assume it’s the terrorists. I think this means they’ve won.

3 Likes

I really hope that happens, just to point out to everyone how stupid and nonsensical the “gate” suffix is.

(Note: it reached a new low in the UK with “plebgate”)

They can style themselves anything they want. It just won’t be recognized by certain groups of others.

In fairness, plebgate did actually happen at a gate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.