UK Tories forged letter of support in the Telegraph from "5,000 small businesses"

[Permalink]

1 Like

I don’t think Liberal means what you think it means. Are you referring to the LibDems? Please note this story is about the UK, not the USA.

3 Likes

You’re right, and I spoke too soon, and rather rashly anyway.

3 Likes

Any chance that Britain’s…notoriously flexible… libel laws make being placed on this list without your consent actionable?

I know that I’d feel pretty libeled if I were accused of being a Tory supporter.

10 Likes

Maybe, but to be fair, if they were real businesses they definately would have supported the Tories.

1 Like

Plus of course this:

Meet signatory number 1549, Tina Powerful of Everest School of Transformational Leadership Limited. Powerful — who also goes by the title Reverend Dr Tina Beloveth Powerful — is currently on trial for fraud after offering ‘Harvard University’ degrees out of a flat in Milton Keynes.

6 Likes

The quoted stats at the end of the article make that seem questionable. I like that the largest number of their respondents appear to have been “Undecided”.

1 Like

Oh, but those aren’t “real” businesses (that benefit from big-business/corporate-friendly Tory policies)…

1 Like

Also note that 5000 small businesses (even if they were all genuine Tory supporters) doesn’t mean shit.

There are 5 million of them in the UK.

3 Likes

Oh, “Real” Businesses, like Starbucks. Amazon and Google :wink:

2 Likes

It´s beyond me how grown people over the age of 25 don´t know that politicians are lying shitbags and you can never believe a word they say. Yet many don´t.

2 Likes

My favourite was Peter Mandelson knocking a reporter for being “Cynical” while the Prince of Darkness was being interviewed at a conference for bankers. Mandelson said, “This is neither the time nor place for your kind of cynicism”. This is true, as such an event obviously needed some kind of weapons’ grade cynicism.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.