Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition

[Permalink]

1 Like

The best learning experience I had when I began to explore photography! I gift this at least twice a year to anyone that asks me about photography and is interested in taking their next steps.

1 Like

Is this one of those books where the paper version is likely to be more useful than an ereader’s rendition? Or i the printer just as likely to take liberties with color management?

I have read edition 3 via e-reader, I keep edition 2 on hand in print. I started with the 2nd edition. I would say it depends on how much you think visually vs conceptually and your own personal rating of your experience as a photographer.

This is the land of serious conjecture…

If you believe you are well acquainted with these 3 (4+ Whitebalance in digital) major levers of exposure control, this book will teach you a few new technical tricks you will enjoy. If you are a beginner and have never heard of Aperture or F-Stops or ISO vs ASA, etc – You should get the paper copy. I think the diagrams will be more helpful off e-reader.

When it comes to auto and motorcycle repair manuals, cookbooks, magic books and things where I am DOING something with the knowledge being shared via the book – I like a hard copy book. I am currently taking a break from making hamentashen and the recipe is on the iPhone. I hate working with it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.