US spy agency adopts globe-encircling giant octopus as new logo

It reminded me of SPECTRE.

3 Likes

Could go old-school with a WWII bomber art version of a buxom woman vacuuming the surface of the Earth.

2 Likes

versatile, adaptable, and highly intelligent creature

…and short-lived.

1 Like

Or they’re being subtly subversive.

hmmm… seems familiar:

2 Likes

Ia! Ia! Tekeli-li!

(Anyone read Arabic? I’m wondering about the page at http://analysis.hsoub.com/websites/tekeli.li)

Buxom isn’t really my thing, but I can still say confidently that this lady isn’t buxom, nothing against her…

Obligatory Mega-Maid reference from SpaceBalls:

4 Likes

Is that octopus eating the world or raping it? There will be subtle differences in our experience.

Looking closely at the logo, it appears the octopus is eating North America.

There is, surprisingly, about as much or more OL (office lady) pr0n in Japan as there is schoolgirl stuff. That and the tentacle pr0n is usually alien-y not octopussy.

PS: I think this logo is kind of cool, though I think the octopus should be less angry and more smug.

I would just point out that the octopus may be feeling up Afghaistan but it is gnawing its way through Canada with its beak.

In the 90s it was mostly demons. Can’t recall seeing any aliens offhand. That may have changed, though.

*makes notes about Phasma in notebook*

Not entirely sure that contemporary pr0n ever really explains what they are (though, to be fair who really watches the start to get the backstory)… they just look brainy rather than suction-cuppy. I’ve seen a few with devils, but those are usually the classic Japanese long-nosed onii (devil).

Dr. Octopus? OTOH, maybe it’s Squidward.

1 Like

I thought KAOS was mainly run by CONTROL agents?

Wouldn’t Santa Claus be a appropriate image… How exactly do YOU think he knows if you’ve been bad or good?

For a look at more logos form classified projects, along with some analysis of what they mean (eg, in this case the position of the tentacle on Afghanistan is anything but accidental) I recommend “I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me” by Trevor Paglen.
For instance, you’ll often see 5+1 stars on a patch, referring to Area 51, or on a patch relating to some kind of stealth tech, you’ll often see the greek letter sigma, which usually denotes the radar cross section in a formula.
http://universalmysteries.co/secret-patches-from-the-black-opps-world/

I was thinking it was consuming rather than encircling, but as I live outside of the US of A, and therefore a target, encircling definitely seems a far too complaisant description.

More like this.