Vaped crusader

1 Like

I think you may have helped prove ensoā€™s point. Tests conducted in the EU and the UK only apply to the vape juice in those regions. Flint told everyone the water was fine too, lest we forget.

1 Like

Aside from a citation-less scarepage I donā€™t see you offering any scientific refutation. And there are plenty of flawed US studies we could discuss.

The UK government via NHS has adopted the position that ecigs are 95% less harmful than tobacco. Not 100%, but 95%. Iā€™ll take that.

Fun with punctuation:

Zombie Hunter-S. Thompson!

Now available on Playstation and Xbox.

I create stained glass panels and I can work with lead. California justs makes sure that Iā€™m aware of health hazards in items (e.g., crystal) that may not be so obvious. I can actually walk into a place and buy 50/50 solder without seeing a warning.

4 Likes

HUGE PHLEMY COUGH

Flavoring Chemicals in E-Cigarettes: Diacetyl, 2,3-Pentanedione, and Acetoin in a Sample of 51 Products, Including Fruit-, Candy-, and Cocktail-Flavored E-Cigarettes

Also: can we stop with the ā€œuse e-cigs to quitā€ angle? If the E-cig companies wanted people to quit, and not get a whole other generation addicted, then why all the flavors (esp, ones that taste like candy)?

Another Also: Can we stop pretending Big tobacco isnā€™t behind the curtain in the land of vaporOZing?

2 Likes

Everything has an allowed exposure threshold. Not sure if it is more a question for FDA or OSHA, though, but you can find them for pretty much any industrial substance.

In this specific case, the exposure is grossly time limited as the aerosol dissipates fast.

You mean, diacetyl naturally present in the Chardonnay wines, strawberries, raspberries, beer, tea, coffee and elsewhere, 2,3-pentanedione found in peaches, yoghurt, cocoa, coffee roasted nuts, cooked potatoes and many other sources, and acetoin, naturally present in butter, cheddar cheese, coffee, cocoa, honey, fresh applesā€¦?

See Fenaroliā€™s handbook of flavor ingredients.

Chemicals with scary names are everywhere.

4 Likes

So are you claiming popcorn lung isnā€™t a thing?

also I donā€™t think I ever tried to inhale vaporized cheese into my lungs before, iā€™m sure it will go well.

1 Like

If you inhale too much of any natural chemical, where too much depends on the chemical, it will be bad for you. In small doses, not so.

You did. The cheese outgasses a WIDE palette of chemicals. Together they are known as ā€œaromaā€.

So yes, you inhaled cheese.

3 Likes

Why donā€™t you want to help them quit smoking?

#Tobacco-pusher!

1 Like

Fuck off! We donā€™t want him in that thread!

2 Likes

Unless you walked, cycled or drove electric to said lunch or movie, Iā€™d rather you stayed at home because Iā€™d rather not breathe in the highly dangerous exhaust fumes it took to get you there.
Disclaimer:
I donā€™t vape. As stated earlier Iā€™m a cannabis smoker, so have only ever smoked outside or in my own home.

1 Like

FTFYā€¦[quote=ā€œshaddack, post:228, topic:73621ā€]
You mean, diacetyl naturally present in the Chardonnay winesā€¦
[/quote]
I knew youā€™d fill those blanks in.:grin:

2 Likes

Happy to help :smiley: Flavor chemistry and food chemistry (and processes and materials in food industry) are pretty interesting fields.

People who waste time on petty outrages instead of reading industrial monographs are missing out.

2 Likes

I actually pretty much walk everywhere or bike and BART.

In fact, Iā€™m walking at my treadmill standing desk right now talking to you!

2 Likes

Good for you. Genuinely. These are really the more important things we should be focusing on.
Youā€™re in the middle of your workday and Iā€™m readying for bed.
Donā€™t work/walk too hard.
:grin:

4pm on Friday? I wouldnā€™t call that ā€œmiddle.ā€ In fact, my wife just got me this for Valentineā€™s Dayā€¦

4 Likes

Nice. I donā€™t drink, myself, but Iā€™ll toast you with my cup of tea.

2 Likes

I am confused, you are encouraging meth abuse but concerned about vaporizing?

Iā€™ll be surprised if @Mindysan33 only gives you a derisive gif and isnā€™t calling child protective services to report taking a 5 year old to demolition derby right now!

4 Likes