What does it tell you when someone says "I don't believe in evolution"?

Science is an epistemological praxis, a technique for discovering what is (at least subjectively) true or false. Science itself cannot have a boolean true/false value. It’s a tool. Saying it’s “true” is like saying “the Bible is inerrant” - it’s a vaporous statement of faith, and not scientific :wink: at all. The word you want instead of true is probably reliable? Or something like that.

[quote=“NathanHornby, post:106, topic:18722”]
If nobody believed in God, he would cease to exist, or return to not existing, depending on how you look at it. If nobody believed in gravity we wouldn’t float away. The two are very different.[/quote]

Nathan, you’re ignoring pantheism again, an ancient religion still followed by millions of people, obviously including me. If you don’t believe in our god, nobody will cease to exist, because God doesn’t care that much whether you understand that you are a participant and not a supplicant of divinity. You are the eyes of the world, my friend. God is all there is, and God loves you if anybody at all loves you.

I consider myself a scientist, but frankly I use my religious beliefs to guide my actions; science is too slow and cumbersome for most everyday uses. I can’t eat fifty sandwiches and compare outcomes in order to change my lunch plans today. Luckily my religion is completely 100% compatible with science, yay!