Video of Coke cans being devoured by lava

[Permalink]

That seems rather anti-climatic. I would like to see this tried with an unopened can of vegetables or chili.

2 Likes

I would like to see some sort of music player devoured by lava while playing ā€˜Cities in Dustā€™ by Siouxsie and the Banshees.

4 Likes

It will at least give the sapient crab geologists and archaeologists something to think about 75 million years from now.

9 Likes

How efficacious a method is this for the disposal of, uh, inconvenient bodies?

Iā€™m asking for a friend.

9 Likes

Why had no one tried this with popcorn?

7 Likes

Aluminum is well-nigh unmeltable, which is why recycling it is so damned expensive.

In my high school industrial arts class, we did melt aluminum. Our teacher got us to take a brazing torch to a set of bike handlebars so we could see how fast the aluminum oxide coating formed. (Very fast.)

2 Likes

Probably fairly good, but I wouldnā€™t recommend making a video of the event.

1 Like

I agree with you - while Things Being Devoured By Lava is certainly a new and exciting artistic genre, I have yet to see a video that really commits to the concept. Perhaps there are technical issues (e.g., premature detonation), or budgetary constraints (the producers of an earlier work could apparently only afford empty cans of beans.)

I just feel that the genre hasnā€™t reached its full potential. Where is the Citizen Kane of Things Being Devoured By Lava videos?

5 Likes

My ā€œfriendā€ had the exact same question.

2 Likes

Try telling that to an Aluminum Welder. It is not hard to melt, but if it gets to hot it burns away.

3 Likes

This trend is going to confuse the hell out of archaeologists 10,000 years from now.

2 Likes

There are alternativesā€¦

1 Like

surprisingly boring to watch

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t that the same method on Breaking Bad?

I recommend hairspray cans, butane bottles, propane tanks. But it might be wise to back the camera up a little.

4 Likes

What kind of crap coke can manufacturing country is that from? From firsthand experience as a youth in Boy Scouts, coke cans explode. Violently. Enough to throw a small log out of a 1 foot deep fire pit.

1 Like

Around 1200 degrees F and youā€™re good to go.

Meh. I put an aluminum can in the propane blacksmith forge I built, and it turned into a shimmery silver puddle. Iā€™ve been meaning to see how long it takes to cook a hot dog.