Virginia governor: take the Confederate flag off our license plates

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Got to love the South, they take such pride in displaying the hatred they have for non-white folks.

Good on Virginia for taking this step!

5 Likes

This is the kind of race war I can get behind.

2 Likes

These colors don’t run:

For those of you turning in late, this thread has been modified from its original, racist-apoloigia format.

4 Likes

McAuliffe said he’s asked Attorney General Mark Herring to take steps to
reverse a 2002 federal court decision that said Virginia could not
block the Confederate Veterans from displaying its logo

I don’t really understand why other states allow random groups to put their logos on license plates. I mean, they have bumpers. Do they really need to go on the plates themselves?

1 Like

On a bumper?!? Where’s your racial pride?!

The image of the pickup was published under the headline

Do you know this Racist Driver in Mother Jones.

14CV88 apparently means something horrible.

I’m shocked that truck is out and about what with all the epoxy that must always be finding its way around his gas cap.

1 Like

I think one of the photos on Dylan Roof’s pulled site was 1488 scratched into a a beach. As the Anti-Defamation League explains,

1488 is a combination of two popular white supremacist numeric symbols. The first symbol is 14, which is shorthand for the “14 Words” slogan: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.” The second is 88, which stands for “Heil Hitler” (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet). Together, the numbers form a general endorsement of white supremacy and its beliefs. As such, they are ubiquitous within the white supremacist movement - as graffiti, in graphics and tattoos, even in screen names and e-mail addresses, such as aryanprincess1488@hate.net. Some white supremacists will even price racist merchandise, such as t-shirts or compact discs, for $14.88.

The symbol is most commonly written as 1488 or 14/88, but variations such as 14-88 or 8814 are also common.

5 Likes
1 Like

Why do they need to block the previous judgement? The Supreme Court issued a ruling last week that states don’t have to put things on license plates they don’t want to. In fact, Texas (yes, Texas) won the case because the state did not want to put a Confederate battle flag on its plates.

1 Like

Makes it “official” I guess…

Yeah, it is weird…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.