WATCH: 1000 rockers cover Foo Fighters' Learn to Fly to bring band to town

[Read the post]

2 Likes

They don’t appear to need the Foo Fighters.

6 Likes

I think they want the Foo Fighters though.

I’m pretty sure based on my wide experience of the world that this is some sort of alien conspiracy - they want the Foo fighters to show up and be slowly drawn into their hive mind.

This was awesome! I can’t even imagine how loud it must have been in that drum pit, they did an awesome job of recording the spirit of this song but there’s no way they could have captured the vibe of actually being there in the middle of that.

Beautiful.

6 Likes

I believe the Foo Fighter’s twitter has responded as well.

3 Likes

Pretty cool, man.
I’ll tell you what, I know it’s hip to hate on the Foo’s or any other big band for that matter - in the hipster world of rock and roll - but anyone that’s a rock fan who goes to one of their shows and isn’t entertained… I can’t help you.
They really bring it, and clearly very much love what they do. I think this guy is 100 percent sincere in his actions.
We’re going to see them in Oct at the last show of the tour in The OC. Looking forward to it, it’s been a while since I’ve seen them live.
PS, the HBO show they did was awesome.

6 Likes

Today I learned that Rock’n’ Roll Cargo Cult Works.

2 Likes

Seriously. That first “do gock!” on the bass and snare must have felt like a punch in the chest. Cool performance. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

ETA: Using the lights as a metronome was a brilliant idea too.

3 Likes

Dave Grohl’s response via YouTube: https://youtu.be/qD35ASXHmsU

2 Likes

I assume that was positive! Can anyone translate?

Man, that was amazing. I want to go there and live in the same town (yeah, I know they came from all over Italy, but still) and hang out with every last one of those rocking motherfathers and jam on a different song every goddamned day until our fingers fall off.

That was the single greatest rock and roll moment I’ve ever witnessed, squeaking out Queen’s Live Aid show by a whisker.

3 Likes

This is the translation the BBC posted:

"Hello Cesena. It’s David. Hi. "I am sorry I don’t speak Italian, just a bit, a bit. "This video, was good! Super nice. Thank you so much. "We’re coming, I swear. We’ll see each other soon. "Thank you so much. I love you. “Ciao.”

1 Like

That was awesome and inspiring. Yet, at the same time it makes me a little sad. We saw a huge group of Italians unite to bring the Foo’s to town, rather than protest their own corrupt government, because, you know, the former actually seemed possible to achieve something. It’s no different here in the states. We, myself included, seem to forget what people are capable of. How about 10,000 Americans playing Rockin in the Free World for the presidential candidates?

1 Like

Sometimes events like these can inspire people about the power of coming together to achieve a common goal. It doesn’t have to be an either/or does it? Can’t it be both?

I love them “In Aid Of Concerts”
Great way to pick out the bands you never want to hear again.

Bravisimo !!!

Don’t worry, I reported it as copyright infringement. No need to thank me.

4 Likes

That looked like so much fun. Why not more rock orchestras?

1 Like

It’s not that they don’t protest against their government, It’s just that they don’t have anything to show for it.

There’s only one song for Donald Trump

I don’t know what the people of Hindustan have done to deserve him though.

Update: And now I see this and it doesn’t seem funny anymore :frowning:

Try a volcanic eruption. A rock orchestra you can’t beat.

1 Like