Watch Florida sheriff David Morgan edumacate about "black culture"

[Permalink]

3 Likes

What do you want to be that a guy named “Thelbert” mocks afrocentric sounding names.

1 Like

3 Likes

“Not that many years ago, the thought of electing an African-American President would have been unthinkable.”

Know what else would have been unthinkable? The idea that a majority of voters in the opposition party would buy into wholly-unsubstantiated conspiracy theories like “the President is a secret Muslim” or “the President was really born in Kenya.”

Racism is so pervasive that even someone who makes it to the very top isn’t immune from its effects. And this is for a President who is half-WHITE.

25 Likes

Where’s that captain Mal Reynold’s gif when you need it.

1 Like

Finally an intelligent man with a great message. Thank you Sherrif Morgan, I agree with you 100 percent! :smile: I am tired of all of the racism remarks! You summed it up in a nutshell…kudos to you!

1 Like

It’s absolutely amazing that he doesn’t see that his claim that the use of terminology such as “Welsh American” or “African American” as being divisive is completely undermined by his use of the expression “Black Americans” a few seconds later. Stunning.

10 Likes

Where? Behind the douchebigot?

6 Likes

If you’re tired of racism remarks, work to reduce racism. You don’t solve a problem by not talking about it. You also don’t use your position of privilege to tell unprivileged people that they’re just imagining the problem.

8 Likes

I thought racism ended with Jackie Robinson?

5 Likes

That’s some Grade A whitesplaining right there. Since this guy is clearly such an expert on sociology, why don’t we just have the sociologists enforce the law?

7 Likes

I’d love to hear his explanation of “Florida Man.”

7 Likes

Trollolololol

Last post 54 mins ago Joined 1 hour ago

I wonder if trollies realize we can tell when they’ve joined? Heh.

4 Likes

It is really frustrating to watch an arrogant ignoramus trying to sound like he actually knows something.

2 Likes

I made it to about 15 seconds. If you made it through the whole thing, you have my admiration.

May Florida Man inflict some misadventures upon the sheriff.

3 Likes

Note to Sheriff Blofeld: the theory of the “superpredator” has been thoroughly debunked, or maybe you didn’t notice that crime rates have been steadily going down since the 90’s. The murders you describe are not new or unique, and people have been killing people for a long time with guns and knives and even ball-peen hammers (including white people.)

Where’s the outrage? Well, it’s like this: when a white guy gets killed by a black guy in a robbery attempt we realize it was a robbery, and it’s probably no more racially motivated than a white-on-white robbery. But when a white cop kills someone of color, particularly when that person is unarmed and surrendering or fleeing, it’s hard not to think it’s racially motivated. And when that kind of thing happens over and over, well. . . there’s gonna be outrage.

You are the police, you are supposed to enforce laws, not mete out justice based on a distaste of “thug culture.”

12 Likes

As an ostrich, I too am displeased by the goings-on outside my safe pocket of air inside this nice safe dune.

6 Likes

So, Mrs. Morgan, why didn’t you take your husband’s name when you married, the way you’re SUPPOSED TO?

1 Like

“Florida Man Tries to Pay Water Bill with Crack Cocaine”

In his defense, the water utility company is on crack.

1 Like

As I’ve said on bbs before, I find way too many places to use this meme these days. And yet again here. Ugh!

5 Likes