Watch: tone-deaf manager announces layoffs to 1400 Carrier Air Conditioner workers whose jobs are moving to Mexico

I’m sure someone could find something wrong with worker ownership of a company. I think a more important question would be what’s right with it?

Workers will support the community/environment they live and work in, etc.

I guess I have to claim fanboy on this one, I listen to R.D. Wolfe most weeks and am surely influenced by his ideas on capitalism/the ‘western’ economy. I think he’s pretty right on most of the time.

He frequently talks about a program he endorses (and may profit from?) that assists workers in buying out a company that is leaving their area.

Not creating an account?!!? tonight to check, but I think it may be here:

I haven’t looked into it much, but wow, this video sure makes me feel like I should.

(Site no longer asks for login/sign-up. Because I got to it this time by searching ‘worker selfdirected enterprise’? Secret Wolff code of some sort?)

I’m really bad about being critical when being preached to as a member of the choir. I’d ask the more experienced, educated, discerning peeps on BBS: Is this guy a wolf in sheep’s clothing? Wait. Erm…

2 Likes