Weebles wobble but they don't fall down

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Once…long, long ago. No one believed me and I wasted years of my youth trying to do it again. But as God is my witness that Weeble fell down.

6 Likes

It’s okay. I believe you.

3 Likes

I get the same response when I tell people I only ate one Lay’s potato chip.

3 Likes

Weebles disappeared as quickly as they appeared, mostly because they were the perfect size for blocking the windpipe of a child too small to know not to put something that size in their mouths. And yet that catchphrase has remained an equally dangerously infectious meme for all these years.

1 Like

I learned a lot about physics from Weebles. Really, the whole center of balance thing I figured out when messing with my brother’s Weebles when I was 9.

2 Likes

I ate one once, too, just to be contrary. I made sure to have witnesses, though.

Oh, they’re back and bigger than ever.

There are a ton: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=weebles

Weebles also made INCREDIBLE ammunition for a carbide cannon or even just a sling shot. They are heavy projectiles for kids.

3 Likes

Excellent as targets, too, for things like BB guns or slingshots. All of mine didn’t go out that way, but some surely did.

2 Likes

HEY! LOOK AT ME!

1 Like

I remember sending away proof of purchase for Scotch tape to get the special promotional “Invisible Man” weeble as a child (back then, that was their mascot in ads). Apparently it actually is worth something. Maybe I’ll dig around my parents’ basement over Christmas to see if I can find it!

1 Like

I had the marina, and one of my Weebles never could sit (stand?) quite upright. Guess he didn’t have his sea-legs or something.

1 Like

a part of me died when lawsuits for choking hazards took weebles away from us. :’ (

I was going to say that Haunted House glow-in-the-dark Ghost Weeble is best Weeble, but you have defeated me.

1 Like

They still exist. My son has a couple

I heard they were outlawed because they weren’t gendered enough.

1 Like

Not only that, but they make excellent test subjects for time travel.

http://hubski.com/pub?id=97046

I had my “Cha Cha heels” moment with Weebles - wanted a Weebles haunted house more than anything in the world (being a monster kid and all). Got two sets from relatives and they were both the damn treehouse. Dammit.

Also, don’t ever take your Weebles in the bathtub. That Would Be Bad.